Bio-Rad has an immediate need for a Genomics Field Application Specialist. In this role, you will be an integral member of the Sales Team providing technical expertise to customers in the field in the Northern California San Francisco Bay Area.
- Working independently or with Sales Representatives, the Field Application Specialist calls on customer labs to provide pre- and post-sales technical support on real-time PCR (qPCR), droplet digital PCR, single cell sequencing and supporting reagents, assays and content.
- This includes performing pre-sales presentations, product demonstrations, and technical seminars for individuals and groups in response to field sales requests.
- The FAS is expected to excel in analysis of data, troubleshooting, and optimization for each of these technologies.
- The FAS is often involved in experimental design, assay design, and reporting of results. This role requires occasional 'bench work' running qPCR plates and digital PCR assays.
- The position will cover academic accounts in the Northwest US (Northern CA, WA, OR, UT, MT, ID, HI, Northern NV).
- Travel is expected to be up to 40% to visit supported accounts.
- MS in Life Sciences minimum, PhD preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in qPCR techniques, experience in qPCR assay design and optimization mandatory.
- Experience with different qPCR instruments a plus.
- Digital PCR, sequencing, and related molecular biology techniques and practices also a plus.
- Strong verbal (oral and written) and presentation skills required.
- A combination of expert troubleshooting and interpersonal skills are the keys to success in this position.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-LE2