Axis Community Health is a nonprofit community health center that is growing rapidly in response to the exciting changes that are occurring in the healthcare arena. Axis Community Health has served the Pleasanton, Livermore, and Dublin area since 1972. Our services include medical care, mental health counseling, behavioral health, and WIC nutrition services for Tri- Valley residents.
We would love for you to apply to join us on our mission to provide quality, affordable, accessible and compassionate health care services that promote the well-being of all members of the community.
The Staff Dentist is responsible for providing general dental care to Axis Community Health’s target population. The Dentist reports to the Dental Director.
• Supervise dental clinic staff in absence of the Dental Director.
• Assist in training and monitoring departmental staff compliance with OSHA, Blood borne Pathogens, and safety policies.
• Knowledge and skills in delivering comprehensive dental care to patients.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to navigate electronic dental record systems .
• Ability to supervise other employees and interface well with co-workers .
• Ability to function independently and as a team member within diverse environments as well as a diverse staff composition.
• Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner and demonstrates good judgment.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Public Health or Community/Rural Health Center experience a plus.
• Knowledge of current dental practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of organization policies, procedures, stems and objectives.
• Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, decision-making.
• Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical, dental, administrative staff, patients and public.
• Licensed as a dentist in the State of California.
• 2 + years of experience preferred.
• Employer paid health, dental, and vision benefits to the employee
• Option to participate in a 403(B) retirement plan with employer matching contribution
• Partial educational reimbursement
• 12 paid holidays
• Accrued paid time off with each pay period
• Employee discount programs
• National Health Service Corps Student Loan Repayment program participant.
CONNECT WITH AXIS:
Company Page: https://www.axishealth.org
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the individual is required to have ambulatory skills sufficient to visit various parts of the organization. Requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Requires sitting and standing for extensive periods of time, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment for extended periods of time. Travel to other Axis health centers and other local travel will be required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Axis Community Health is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at for assistance. . Link to "EEO is Law" poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf As part of our hiring process Axis conducts background checks.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, Axis Community Health reserves the right to modify or change the requirements of the job based on business necessity.