The Grill FOH Manager position is a hands-on leader, responsible for working closely with the Golf Ops, Grill Chef, and FOH team in successfully managing the Front of House operations to ensure a personalized experience is provided to each guest. The Grill Manager will use their strong understanding of hospitality and deliver high quality service while motivating the team to build strong guest relationships and loyalty. The Grill FOH Manager will oversee the Grill, Lombard Cafe on the golf course and beverage cart staff.
The Grill FOH Manager will ensure the staff has solid technical service standards. He/she will recruit, select, orientate and provide sustainable training programs.
The Grill FOH Manager performs monthly inventory, accounting processes and other administrative tasks while controlling costs and promoting efficiency.
III. Essential Functions Include:
- Floor Management
- Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Grill
- Conducting pre/post shift staff meetings
- Deliver superior service and maximize guest satisfaction
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Menu printing and/or programming
- Order product and invoicing
- Address employee concerns and solve problems
- Manage employee scheduling
- Well versed in Open Table reservations and phones
- Understand all POS systems, uses, reports and logistics
- Responding efficiently and accurately to guest complaints
- Create positive teamwork environment
- Responsible for all payroll documenting and reports
- Responsible for all accounting aspects of the job including batch reports
- Ensure a safe and secure environment
- Grill storage areas are secure, neat, clean and orderly
- Complete Maintenance/IT request forms
- Knowledge of the Prop Reserve Program
- Knowledge of the Golf course
- Attend bi-weekly Golf/Grill meetings
- Attend monthly safety meetings
- Conduct quarterly staff meetings
- Monthly inventories
- Physical Demands/Qualifications
- Requires the ability to stand for 80% of the time per shift.
- Manual dexterity and vision sufficient to operate a VDT for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist or eye strain.
- Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone
- Must have coordination sufficient to operate various office machines, including but not limited to fax machines, calculators, telephones, VDT’s etc.
- Ability to move up and down staircase many times per shift.
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
- Ability to operate a golf cart
- Computer skills necessary to navigate on HRIS System, Payroll, time keeping system, email, and reporting.
- Non-Physical Demands/Qualifications
- 2 year minimum proven work experience as a Restaurant/Hospitality manager or similar role
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Work in a multi-task environment with frequent interruptions and short deadlines, and sometimes a high degree of pressure
- Be highly organized and detail oriented
- Acute financial skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with management and users at all levels
- Maintain a view of the overall business situation when making decisions and setting policies
- Adequately represent the organization when in contact with guest, staff and vendors
- Environmental Conditions
The environment within the grill is clean, well lit and free from extremes of temperature and humidity. At times will be required to go out-of-doors and into various parts of the facility subjecting the incumbent to variations in the temperature and humidity.
VII. Sustainability Values Statement
Supports economical sustainability by providing exceptional wine country experiences to our guests. Also supports economical sustainability by conserving materials and supplies and using these in the most efficient ways possible. Also supports this effort by being fiscally responsible from a department budget standpoint. Supports environmental sustainability by participating in department recycling and composting efforts.
This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change, or be eliminated. Employees are always expected to follow their supervisors’ instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.