We are looking for a bright, dynamic FP&A Manager to help lead the Bio-Rad FP&A team at our Quality Systems Division Headquarters at Irvine, California and provide financial and strategic support to the Division.
The position will support and partner with the Senior Executives of the Quality Systems Division to drive growth, margin expansion and improvements through data analytics; as well as financial analysis and other value driven reporting for a rapidly growing Division with annual revenue exceeding >US $ 500M. Besides supporting on achieving the targets set for the annual business plan, provide quarterly rolling forecast updates, monthly financial close, and other special analysis to support continuous process improvements.
As an FP&A Manager, you will be a key part of the CDG FP&A team. You will be working with highly visible, fun, and motivated peers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for and experience with hiring and developing staff. You will partner with functional and business leaders to prepare budgets, forecasts, monthly financial analysis and reporting and provide ad hoc analysis for decision making support.
- Lead the Quality Systems Division (QSD) annual financial business plan, monthly close, and quarterly rolling forecast.
- Partner with the senior leadership of QSD on tracking KPI's, provide business advice and recommendations to support value creation.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of actuals to forecast and budget, explain and investigate any major discrepancies, and understand key business drivers.
- Participate in monthly close process (accruals, reviews, journal entries) and review meetings with business partners.
- Act as liaison between the business and accounting shared services group.
- Identify business process improvement opportunities, develop solution options, engage management and stakeholders to align on decisions, implement approved plans, and revise desk level procedures to reflect changes.
- Research and respond timely and accurately to business partner inquiries.
- Lead a small team of finance professionals, in alignment with company philosophy and work environment.
We are looking for a Finance Manager who is a creative problem solver that can help us create value for the organization. You must be engaged, flexible, and have the ability to build relationships with internal/external customs and finance/non-finance business partners. You are expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of your customers to effectively support their business needs and provide accurate forecasts.
You must be highly motivated, curious, and technically proficient with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics to deliver quality work on a daily basis. We are looking for someone with a strong analytical background and strict attention to detail. You must be a proactive leader exhibiting strong influencing capabilities with business partners and a willingness to maintain open and transparent communication across the organization.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Managerial Economics or related field; advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years management experience in an accounting or finance role, either in public accounting or corporate finance; experience supporting any of the following areas of business desired: Commercial Finance (sales), Merged and Acquisitions, Product portfolio and/or Data Analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, inspire, lead and develop staff.
- Detail oriented with attention to process and documentation in addition to accuracy.
- Strong Excel skills (PivotTables, Sumifs, Sumproduct).
- Strong written communication skills to clearly convey monthly reporting to stakeholders.
- Ability to translate financial and accounting terms to non-accounting partners on a simplify way.
- Ability to manage deadlines from multiple project streams.
- Hands-on: must have a willingness to become involved in the details of the operation to ensure accurate information is provided to the business partners.
- Experience with Enterprise level Accounting and Planning software desired; EPM, and SAP preferred.
- PowerBI, Analytical Tools (such as R-Studio, Python, SQL) or related experience preferred.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.