Food Sanitation Specialist
(FSS) serves as a cafeteria worker helping in all steps of food preparation, presentation and sanitation of the kitchen and dining room. FSS prepares food displays in counter cases and other display units, greets customers as they arrive at service counter, takes special orders and answers basic customer questions about specialty foods.
· Certificate in food handling/sanitation methods, or ServSafe certified preferred.
· Experienced in customer service
· Strong work ethic
· Experience demonstrated history of related Food Service experience
· Prior Food Prep experience within a fast pace/high volume environment
· pre-meal set-up, mealtime assigned tasks and post-meal cleaning procedures.
· Prepares foods requiring short preparation time.
· Replenish the serving line.
· Assists in portioning, serving and or wrapping selected foods on plates, trays, and bags.
· Prepare hot and/or cold sandwiches, fruit and vegetable trays, salads, may slice and/or mix simple ingredients, as needed
· Always provides the highest quality of service to customers.
· When supply deliveries arrive the FSW will assist storing food products and supplies in designated storage rooms.
· Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
· Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry, or fish for culinary use.
· Clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all company, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
· Set steam tables; serve or ensure proper serving of food.
· Cleans area of responsibility and practices “Clean As You Go”.
· Washing dishware, silverware, pot and pans and all cleaning & sanitation duties pertaining to floors, walls, and windows.
· Replenishing “to-go” items (dining areas) Cups, Lids, dishware & utensils on serving lines.
Replenishing all breads, crackers, fruits & salad bar requirements.
· Ensures proper water temperatures and proper operational methods are maintained in the dishwashing machine throughout the washing period.
Ensures pots & pans are continuously washed, rinsed, cleaned, and maintained in a sanitary condition
· Adhere to the BCI rules and regulations set forth in the employee handbook.
· Comply with all HACCP standards.
· Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
· Duties may be assigned by the Supervisor, Dining Facility Manager, or Project Manager.
· Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the position.
· Good working knowledge of food preparation. Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment, including but not limited to, knife, forks, measuring utensils, pots, pans, etc.
· Ability to work Nights, weekends, and Holidays.
· Ability to be available for quarterly cleaning.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time