Bio-Rad is looking for a Field Service Engineer who will perform repairs, upgrades, and preventive maintenance on our instruments for clinical diagnostics, life science, and biopharma customers based in Boston, MA traveling 75-90% daily local travel; 10-25% overnight travel may be required.
- Provide customer site service on ddPCR products including emergency service.
- Maximizes system uptime through proactive preventive maintenance.
- Act as customer advocate to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Maintains company assets including parts inventory and leased vehicle.
- Administrative duties include service documentation consistent with FDA regulations.
- Other duties include accurate expense reporting and timekeeping.
- Must maintain learning plan in training database and regular product update training.
- Travel is required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering or related field or Military equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of transferable field service experience servicing electro-mechanical/electronic/optical/robotics equipment preferably in biomedical engineering, life science, or medical diagnostics instrumentation environment; or BS degree and 3-5 years of equivalent experience.
- Strong electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read, understand and successfully follow medium to highly complex work instructions.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good customer relation and communication skills, both written and oral.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-JS1