Bio-Rad is looking for a Field Service Engineer who will perform repairs, upgrades, and preventive maintenance on our instruments for clinical diagnostics, life science, and biopharma customers based in Boston, MA traveling 50 – 75% of the time.
- Provide customer site service on all CDG/LSG products including emergency service.
- Maximizes system uptime through proactive preventive maintenance.
- Acts as customer advocate to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Maintains company assets including parts inventory and leased vehicle.
- Performs administrative duties related to service documentation consistent with FDA regulations.
- Other duties include accurate expense reporting and timekeeping.
- Must maintain learning plan in training database and regular product update training.
- Travel is required.
- Associates Degree in Electronics or related field equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of transferable field service experience servicing electro-mechanical/electronic/optical/robotics equipment, in a biomedical engineering or a medical diagnostics instrumentation environment; or BA degree and 1 year of equivalent experience.
- Strong electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read, understand and successfully follow medium to highly complex work instructions.
- Strong computer skills with fundamental knowledge of computer networking allowing interface with customer I.T. departments.
- Good customer relation and communication skills, both written and oral.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-DR1