THE WHITING-TURNER CONTRACTING COMPANY
Whiting-Turner Field Engineers are team members who help manage the work for subcontractors on construction sites and report to a Project Manager or Superintendent.
- Coordinating and directing the work of all trades assigned to a construction work site.
- Resolving and clarifying design issues.
- Supporting creation of project budgets and schedules.
- Identifying and resolving field issues and change orders.
- Setting expectations for managing a safe work site and ensuring that work is performed safely.
- Reviewing and documenting each trade’s work progress with respect to each project phase.
- Ensuring work is completed in accordance with quality standards and contract documents. • Reviewing construction drawings, specifications, and submittals.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Engineering Technology or Construction Management, Construction Technology.
- Knowledge of engineering principles.
- Knowledge of basic business principles sufficient to project and monitor expenses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, construction drawings, technical manuals,product/material installation instructions and engineering/architectural drawings.
Whiting-Turner will train qualified candidates to develop:
- General knowledge of safety regulations, ANSI standards, local and state building codes,environmental codes, availability of industry-specific codes and guidelines.
- General knowledge of construction processes, practices, and work sites.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Primavera (or other scheduling software).
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience with construction projects, mechanical/electrical systems, building materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabledand veterans.