The Field Application Scientist, Manager will have dual functionality by serving as an FAS lead and build & grow a talented team of Field Application Scientists in North America. You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the utilization of Bio-Rad's portfolio of single-cell technology. This is a specialized role within the Digital Biology Group and is fundamental for the growth of new and advanced technology (instruments and applications). This role is highly technical and will serve as a liaison between customers, sales, product marketing & development, and the market development group. As new products are released, the Field Application Scientist team will be instrumental in creating and cultivating market adoption through strategic support efforts.
- As Field Application Scientist and Manager, you will be a critical liaison between Bio-Rad and our customers, providing pre- and post-sale training and application support on our single-cell technology portfolio.
- You will grow and lead a strategic team of Field Application scientists in North America.
- You will work closely with the Specialist Sales team and deliver trainings, presentations, and technical seminars to individuals and groups with diverse needs and experience levels.
- Provide training on and assistance with data analysis, troubleshooting, and optimization for each of these technologies.
- Assist customers with experimental design and reporting of results.
- Initiate strategic projects with internal Bio-Rad stakeholders to further educate and assist customers.
- Life Science PhD preferred or MS with commensurate scientific experience and demonstrated commercial success.
- 8+ years’ experience as an FAS with progressively increasing responsibility and autonomy.
- Previous experience managing highly technical teams is a plus.
- Experience in genomics is a required. Single-Cell genomic experience is highly desired.
- Experience with immunofluorescent imaging techniques is highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts by fostering engaging communication tailored to audience needs.
- Superior knowledge of sample preparation considerations and isolation through data analysis with focus on single-cell applications
- Deep understanding of genomics applications related to gene expression and epigenetics.
- Experience with CTCs is desirable including imaging techniques.
- Ability to travel 50%+ as needed.
- Located preferably on East or West coast near a major airport.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.