Wente Vineyards has an opening for full time Farm Shop Mechanics in Livermore and Greenfield to join our dynamic team. Diesel Mechanics are responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on tractor and trailer units to Company and DOT standards. Mechanics complete all needed repairs keeping quality, safety, and expediency at the forefront. Mechanics are the service provider as well as diagnostic technician and trouble shooter for Drivers, Driver Managers, and Driver Trainers by ensuring their needs are met through effective communication on all equipment repairs. Mechanics work with Safety and Operations personnel and Drivers to improve vehicle out of service standards and ensure compliance with DOT and Company requirements.
- Diagnose and repair medium to heavy-duty trucks, including preventative maintenance, inspections, repair to air and hydraulic brakes, tires, warranty procedures, driveline, steering and suspension, electrical, and overhaul and engine rebuilds, with safety as the top priority.
- Identify, diagnosis, and resolve tractor related issues, power steering, power divider, U-joint, transmission, rear end, A/C, starter, alternator, APU, etc.
- Ability to diagnose and repair vineyard specific tractors and farming implements
- Ability to diagnose and repair hydraulic systems
- Use effective interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with team members and external vendors.
- Contribute to the goals of the shop, leadership team, and Company as a whole.
- Utilize appropriate resources, such as the parts manual and computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems, determine most effective and efficient method for repairs
- Ensure proper documentation is complete
- Abide by all Company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and take appropriate actions, recommend process changes, and initiate improvements.
- Be a positive role model for all team members providing support and enthusiasm – creating a professional, positive work environment.
- Work additional hours in accordance with business needs and other demands of the position.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and the ability to make logical decisions in support of business demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively over the phone and face to face; building solid working relationships with team members and vendors.
- Use effective time management techniques and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi task without negatively impacting performance or results.
- Must be able to effectively and accurately complete detailed work with a sense of urgency; always keeping safety at the forefront and demonstrating safe operating procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and evaluate problems and situations and draw logical conclusions to make successful repairs.
- Ability to maintain composure and react professionally during periods of stress.
- Must be self-motivated and able and willing to work independently while motivating team efforts.
- Demonstrate diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
- Possess basic tools to perform duties.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English, both verbally and written; ability to read and understand English.