POSITION: Event Operations Technician
DATE OPENED: April 27, 2021
This is a seasonal full-time position with potential to evolve into a regular full-time benefited position. This position provides set-up and tear down for the more than 300 fairground events each year. This includes, but is not limited to, putting up pipe and drape, delivering tables and chairs, skirting tables, and responding to event promoter’s requests. This position requires heavy lifting and the ability to work well with our promoters, public and event staff. Candidates must be flexible to work any shift, including the late shifts as necessary.
- Work with a team of event sales and services staff to provide excellent service
- Skirt tables ordered by promoter
- Set up and tear down events including custodial functions
- Plan and set up pipe and drape according to layout drawings
- Deliver and set up carpet, tables and chairs
- Promptly and courteously respond to Promoters’ and Vendors’ concerns and requests during events
- Cleans tables, chairs, windows, carpet, etc.
- Duties as assigned by Leads and/or Supervisors
The Alameda County Fair Association is a non-profit organization that manages the Alameda County Fairgrounds with over 3 million people in attendance at the many 300 events held each year. Home to the Annual Alameda County Fair and public and private events including large consumer and trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations, picnics, weddings and other social events.
Alameda County Fair Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply.
Please submit your resume