THIS POSITION IS A SHORT TERM, MAX 1,000 HOUR ASSIGNMENT.
North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED) has an opening for an Electronics Engineering Technical Associate to support programmatic mission for the WCI JASPER Program at Site 200. The successful candidate will provide electronics engineering technical support to the JASPER team. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), supporting the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate.
This position may require the successful candidate have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Provide advanced and innovative electronics engineering support for experimental systems projects to modify existing complex equipment and/or create new diagnostic equipment for hydrodynamic test execution, data acquisition, firing operations, and routines.
- Propose new electronics and/or controls designs to replace obsolete or aging hardware.
- Provide technical oversight in design, evaluation, review, fabrication, testing, assembly, quality policy implementation, and documentation of experimental systems projects using a high degree of independent discretion and judgement.
- Provide input for detailed plans, schedules, and budgets for project activities.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, technical personnel, safety personnel, both inside and outside the work group on both an individual and team basis in support of program assignments.
- Interact closely with the Physicists, Electronics Engineer, System Engineer, and Diagnostics Engineer on technical concepts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience with high speed diagnostic systems like PDV, pyrometry, spectrometry, etc.
- Knowledge of electronic engineering theory design, fabrication, and/or assembly.
- Experience developing conceptual designs of electronic systems; designing, implementing, and/or testing prototypes; and advanced knowledge of the associated tools and diagnostics.
- Effective interpersonal skills and experience working both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a schedule-driven environment. Effective technical written and verbal communications skills with ability to present concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience working with electronic diagnostic equipment, electro-optics and laser systems.
- Experience working with classified materials, documentation, and/or experimental data, and working within a Quality Assurance-driven program.
- Experience with gas gun experiments.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.