North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Materials Engineering Division (MED) in the Engineering Directorate has an opening for a Electrical/Mechanical Technician. The successful candidate will work in a cleanroom/dry lab environment and provide electrical and mechanical support for the setup, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation, removal and decommission of electro-mechanical semiconductor equipment in photolithography, thin film deposition, plasma etching, wet chemical stations and other equipment.
This position may require the successful candidate have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Working in a Class 100 Cleanroom environment, dry labs, Bio Safety Lab 2 (BSL2)
- Provide electrical and mechanical support for the setup, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, installation, removal and decommission of electro-mechanical semiconductor equipment in photolithography, thin film deposition, plasma etching, wet chemical stations and other equipment.
- Plumbing utilities, working with hand tools and machine tools
- Identify and troubleshooting of complex mechanical and electrical problems, suggest solutions and
-Ability to work on a variety of concurrent activities
- Removing, installing toxic gas systems
- MIG or TIG welding
- Working with chemical systems
-Work effectively in a team environment with multi-discipline personnel
- Good interpersonal skills, position requires working with management, engineers, technicians, and outside vendors on a regular basis
- Assure all assignments are performed in accordance with Environmental, Safety, and Health policies and procedures
- Work may be performed in both clean room and in dry lab environments
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- AA/AS degree in either engineering, vacuum, electronic or mechanical technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with mechanical or electrical hardware and tools
- Experience with mechanical or electrical troubleshooting
- Experience interpreting mechanical or electrical drawings
- Experience making independent, fundamental decisions regarding a variety of technical problems.
- Experience with personal computers, spreadsheets, CAD, develop and update procedures and operating instructions
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience with vacuum systems
- Experience with software design systems (e.g., CAD, CREO, Solid Works)
- Experience with Program Logic Controllers (PLC)
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.