As a self-motivated member of the firmware team, you will apply critical thinking and leadership in the design, implementation, integration, testing, debugging, deployment, and maintenance of embedded systems firmware for scientific laboratory instruments. You will collaborate cross-functionally with multi-disciplinary teams composing software, hardware, biology, marketing, service, and more to bring innovative products to market that advance science and save lives.
How You'll Make An Impact:
- Apply best software development practices to design and develop reliable and maintainable firmware for embedded systems used in commercial products and in-house diagnostic tools.
- Implement firmware to enable electromechanical system operations including feedback control and hardware and software interfaces.
- Develop sound design documentation, perform software configuration management, and build and release source code.
- Apply test-driven development (TDD), develop, and execute unit tests, and perform debugging.
- Sustain products over their lifetimes.
- Collaborate on embedded designs and participate in cross-functional teams to support product development, integration, testing, and troubleshooting according to schedule agreements.
- Create and maintain software scripts and supporting tools for system verification, validation, and production efforts.
What You Bring:
- Education: BS or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Work Experience: 8+ years of experience designing, debugging, and maintaining embedded system firmware in a production environment (shipped products a plus).
- Experience working in a team-based, full lifecycle software development environment.
- Ability to lead junior developers.
- Proficient designing object-oriented software in C++.
- Experience developing on ARM Cortex-M MCU.
- Experience in real-time control, data acquisition, and serial communication protocols (I2C, SPI, RS-232, CAN).
- Working knowledge of RTOS and embedded Linux.
- Experience in developing and executing unit and integration tests.
- Experience with Git for software version control.
- Experience with Jira or other project management and bug tracking software.
- Ability to bring up new boards (PCBAs).
- Willingness to learn and code in Python.
- Familiarity with the use of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, current probes etc.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies including Scrum.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges and support, paid time off, Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s), and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $127,000 to $174,700 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with physical or mental disabilities, and people of all race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin and citizenship status are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-PB1