Bio-Rad has been at the center stage of fighting the COVID-19 virus. Our PCR instruments are among the top choices by biologists and scientists for testing the virus and developing vaccine to immune the disease. Continuing to improve our products' performance with new generation of hardware, control algorithm and software for our PCR machines is our mission. Please consider to join us, be a part of dynamic team that works on next generation instrumentation for life science research.
- Conduct detailed analog, digital and mixed signal circuit designs.
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive peer design reviews.
- Participate in architecting complex system’s electronics.
- Write up test plans, test reports and theory of operation and ensure detailed and thorough design verifications, perform detailed root cause and fault analysis when needed.
- Oversee and guide PCBA board layouts, ensure that the design intent as well as DFM and DFT are met
- Work with documentation to release the designs into ERP system
- Provide design documents for PCB fabrication and assembly and work with vendors to resolve technical questions
- Perform the PCBA bring-up, verification activities
- Document design history as changes happen and as the prototyping progresses
- Contribute to FMEA analysis.
- Perform field return failure analysis as needed.
- Propose test requirements for making test fixtures used in manufacturing processes.
- Communicate with other engineering disciplines to the requests and requirements of the design.
- Collaborate with other life sciences related disciplines.
- Understand and suggest improvement to system control algorithms.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to debug and bring up instrument systems
- Perform pre-compliance tests, propose solutions for EMC and support technical needs for Safety
- BS, MS or PhD in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 12+ years of experience for BS, less experience with higher degree is acceptable.
- Strong electrical engineering discipline training is required
- Knowledgeable in areas of analog/power supply/motion control, strong control theory knowledge is preferred
- Deep understanding of electronics circuit theories is preferred
- Experience in designing electronics for use in Life Science applications is preferred
- Digital design with Microcontrollers is required, knowledge in complex systems involving microprocessors, DSP, RAM/ROM, CPLD/FPGA is preferred
- Experience working with high-speed Interfaces (such as LVDS channel, USB, DDR, Ethernet) is preferred
- Working knowledge of schematic capture is required, experience using Orcad or PadsLogic and PCB design using PADS is preferred
- Lab skills for measurement using various instruments is required.
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing/testing a plus.
- Familiarity with UL/CSA/TUV/CE requirements a plus.
- Team player and able to collaborate with other disciplines in bringing products to market.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.