Hiring Bonus of $250 provided upon successful completion of 90 days.
Looking for something different in the field of social work?
*Are you interested in making a difference?
*Enjoy being a teacher and an advocate?
*Want to enjoy going to work every day?
* Want to receive pay for sleeping?
Join Our Team!
Serra Center is currently seeking Living Skills Instructors for Supported Living to provide assistance with bedtime and morning routines to individuals with intellectual disabilities. Work site in the individual's home within the cities of Fremont, Dublin,San Leandro and Livermore. Travel to the individual’s home is required.
- Full-time and Part-Time schedules
- Days, hours and location can be combined to create full-time or part-time schedules based on client needs and applicant availability
- Get Paid to sleep.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Experience working with the intellectually disabled population preferred.
- Proficient mathematical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to advocate for client preferences and choices.
- Knowledge of social service programs and benefits.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Organization is a must.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Valid CA Driver’s License and reliable transportation required.
- Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance, fingerprinting, pre-employment Physical & TB.
What We Offer:
- Casual and professional work environment; flexible work schedules.
- Full-time Benefits: PPO or HMO Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension Plan (employer/employee funded), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid Vacation, 11 paid Holidays
- Part-time Benefits: Paid Sick Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sign on Bonus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time