DEPARTMENT: Development: Fundraising
POSITION: Development Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: Serra Center is a non-profit agency founded in 1975. Our dedicated team provides compassionate care for over 80 adults with developmental disabilities residing in community-based licensed Residential Care Homes, Independent and Supported Living Services in Fremont and the greater East Bay. The Development Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of agency efforts to raise money in support of Serra Center and the individuals served. The qualified candidate must possess the ability to compassionately communicate Serra Center’s mission to friends, donors and the community at large. Developing relationships with donors is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One year or more of development experience in a non-profit organization
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compellingly articulate the agency’s mission with a clear commitment and belief in the work
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to travel and possess a valid CA driver’s license
- Strong computer skills, including experience with donor database management, Excel, social media, website management
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A sense of humor
EXAMPLE OF WORK DUTIES: (Any one position may not include all the following nor do all of the listed examples include all duties and responsibilities which may be required of the position).
- Work collaboratively with Development Manager to assist in the development program
- Assist in planning and execution of donor events and other activities.
- Serve as a member of Serra Center’s office team, assisting with general office tasks.
- Maintain agency outreach through a social media presence (website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram). Update website as needed.
- Establish community awareness of the agency’s mission, name recognition and branding.
- Work with board members, executive staff, and event committee to assist with fundraising efforts.
- Effectively utilize donor management software to accurately record donor activity and other relevant data in a timely fashion.
- Timely and accurate processing of gifts, acknowledgments and reporting on fundraising results.
- Creation and production of fundraising materials, including brochures, direct mail, press releases, advertisements, newsletters, proposals, annual reports, correspondence, etc.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned or appropriate to achieve Serra Center’s fundraising goals.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: This position reports directly to the Development Manager
JOB TYPE: Flexible schedule
Join our team!
Job Type: Part-time