The Site Supervisor is responsible for supervising the operation of OHK’s Bag Lunch assembly. The Site Supervisor works with the volunteers on site to produce Bag Lunch bags following an established food list. The Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the site runs efficiently, with particular attention to cleanliness, adherence to sanitation and safety regulations, health code regulations, cost-effective delivery of a nutritious, quality meal, and the well-being of the guests.
The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering meals between meal sites.
The Delivery Driver picks up food donations at varying locations as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meal Delivery of OHK meal programs between sites in OHK vehicles
- Ensure the smooth operation of Children's Bag Lunch Program
- Pick up food donations as needed
Qualifications and Skills
Flexibility to work any shift
Ability to work weekends if needed.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred candidates will have one year of food service and kitchen experience.
One-year driving experience with a clean driving record is required.
Candidates will be asked to successfully complete an OHK-approved credited sanitation course and maintain certification within 30 days of hire date.
Proof of negative TB test (re-test every 4 years).
Commitment to philosophy and mission of Open Heart Kitchen.
Demonstrated experience in and capability to:
- Supervise and train volunteers
- Communicate effectively and work well with others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a friendly but professional attitude, with respect for guests, co-workers, and volunteers
- Current valid California Driver’s License
- Physical Requirements Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Part time, non-exempt, hourly position (25-30 hours/week)
Open Heart Kitchen serves prepared, nutritious meals free of charge to the hungry people of the Tri-Valley area. Open Heart Kitchen is the largest hot meal program of its kind in the Tri-Valley Area of Northern California. We feed the hungry every weekday at multiple locations in Pleasanton, Livermore and Dublin, California. There is no qualifying process and meals may be eaten at our multiple serving sites or taken to go.