Are you passionate about providing great customer service as you ask insightful questions? Do you enjoy providing support for a busy team as you coordinate jobs for a quickly growing company in the East Bay area?
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative who is adept at communicating with clients and coordinating teams to efficiently serve our valued customers. The ideal candidate wants to learn and grow their knowledge in the Plumbing Industry and embark on a career with a company that regularly shows commitment to work-life balance and professional and personal development.
Keep reading IF:
YOU ARE A POSITIVE TEAM PLAYER AND EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR with strong interpersonal skills who cares about supporting and setting their teams up for success. You embody a solutions-based communication style with the ability to List, Empathize, Ask, Paraphrase and Summarize to accurately record customer information.
YOU ARE EVEN TEMPERED and able to stay calm in the face of frustrated customers, demonstrating emotional IQ, thinking before reacting in tough situations. You adapt to changing priorities quickly and efficiently while always maintaining an encouraging attitude.
YOU ARE A MULTI-TASKER AND WILLING & EAGER TO HELP PEOPLE as you display a natural caring attitude toward others, and you are able to listen more than talk to help find solutions for the customer and internal employees. You show strong organizational skills that reflect your ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail in a fast-paced
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
In the first 30-60 days and ongoing:
- Meet and begin building rapport with Leadership team, Estimator, Field Operations Manager, CSRs and Field Technicians.
- Learn to use the Service Titan software to schedule customers and shows the ability to: answer and make outbound calls, create a new customer profile, schedule calls, text message customers and Field Technicians and navigate to customer and job pages.
- Gain knowledge of the types of plumbing jobs that Barnett Plumbing & Water Heaters specializes in, e.g.: sewer line installation and repair, water heater installation and repair, cleanout installation.
- By 60 days, show understanding of talking points and expands plumbing knowledge, reviewing Google Documents regularly when there are no active customer calls. When there are gaps in knowledge, researches and finds answers to new questions to serve customers more adeptly.
Within the 3rd month mark and ongoing:
- Show more efficiency in customer intake calls, asking fewer questions to confirm understanding, e.g.: Customer intake calls that took 15 minutes at 30 days, take 7-8 minutes.
- By 90 days, has completed the classroom phase of Water heater class and demonstrates understanding of the different types of water heaters, how they work, and which are most appropriate in different applications.
- Feels comfortable going to the Field Operations Manager and other CSRs with questions about customer questions/complaints.
Within the 6th month mark and ongoing:
- Answer scheduling questions and reviews the schedule booked by the CSR team to ensure efficiency, taking into account all important factors: location, ability of Technician, length of job, customer’s requests.
- Effectively schedule and coordinate the logistics for 15-20 customers per day.
- Is independent in role and is a valued CSR team member, showing good judgement and caring/empathy when dealing with customers.
12th month mark and ongoing:
- Continue to read new books to develop empathy and communication skills to grow in role and reads selected books as assigned.
- Demonstrates proactive follow-ups on incoming customer calls when a call back is necessary and calls and texts received from the answering service to ensure the customer gets the correct information in a timely manner or when scheduling a new job on board.
- Has gained a 2 nd level knowledge of plumbing and is demonstrating intent to expand plumbing knowledge and skills.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years in a customer service position preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Marketing, Communications) a plus.
- Retail experience in a customer facing role a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with Service Titan software or similar Field Service Management software system a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
- Experience dispatching/scheduling trade personnel a plus.
- Ability to type minimum 40 WPM required.
WHO WE ARE:
Family time is important to us at Barnett Plumbing & Water Heaters, and we pride ourselves on work life balance and giving our workers the flexibility to spend more time with the family. There is no work on the weekends and no mandatory overtime.
Professional and personal growth for all employees is a top priority at Barnett Plumbing & Water Heaters. Training is emphasized and personal development is implemented to develop relationship skills that will be useful in every part of their life.
Full Health Coverage, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401K with company match, PTO & 7 paid Holidays, Parental leave and Employee Care Program with 24/7 access to Marketplace Chaplains, Counseling and Chiropractic benefits.