Custodians work to make sure that all types of buildings are neat, clean, free from clutter and are safe. Custodians spend their days picking up trash, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or using industrial cleaning equipment to clean floors, cleaning and stocking bathrooms, making sure buildings are secure, cleaning windows, and minor maintenance. While the majority of the work is inside buildings, some work will involve keeping lawns or sidewalks clean, tending to ornamental gardens, trash removal and parking lot cleaning. Stoneridge is seeking a full time custodian with weekend flexibility.
- Maintains floors, mats, and carpets within the Community.
- Picks up and removes trash and recycling from trash rooms, offices and other locations within the Community.
- Cleans all public areas including window cleaning as assigned, and pressure washing entrances and sidewalks.
- Provides preventive maintenance to housekeeping machines such as vacuums, carpet shampooers and floor machines.
- Completes all meeting room setups in auditorium, arts and crafts room, lobby, roll away beds, etc.
- Maintains all grounds, golf courses, tennis courts clean throughout shift.
- Involved in resident annual deep cleaning and cleaning turnover units as assigned.
- Protects Community property/equipment and make sure there are no defects.
- Notify supervisors on any damages, deficits and disturbances.
- Attends daily shift kick-off meeting and participates in daily stretches.
- Assist other co-workers as assigned.
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
- Observes and notifies supervisor about noticeable changes in a Residents health, demeanor or disposition.
- Other duties as assigned by Department Director.
- Previous janitorial experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Previous floor maintenance experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of floor care procedures, techniques, and supplies preferred.
- Willingness to perform routines, repetitive tasks.
- Ability to drive utility vehicles.
About Stoneridge Creek:
Stoneridge Creek is a large Continuing Care Retirement Community on 50 acres in Pleasanton, CA in the Bay Area. The community consists of 565 Independent Living Units in Villas, Town Homes, and Apartments.
Stoneridge Creek strongly promotes its STAR values which are: Service to residents and colleagues (S), Team Success (T), Aiming for excellence (A) and Doing the Right thing (R).
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities in our community. We are committed to hiring a high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
Offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at http://stoneridgecreek.hrmdirect.com