MISSION AND VALUES
MidPen Housing is a non-profit organization that develops high-quality affordable housing communities, professionally manages the properties in those communities, and provides services to residents. The three affiliated corporations are MidPen Housing Corporation, MidPen Property Management Corporation, and MidPen Resident Services Corporation.
Our mission is to provide safe, affordable housing of high quality to those in need; to establish stability and opportunity in the lives of residents; and to foster diverse communities that allow people from all ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds to live in dignity, harmony, and mutual respect.
MidPen Housing associates advance a culture of belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity to effectively bridge across differences that are representative of the communities we serve. We seek to have a high performing, inclusive, and engaged workforce that is centered around constant learning.
This position reports to the Property Manager for MidPen Housing and has responsibility for the daily operations of one or more properties. The Community Manager is directly responsible for operating the site(s) in accordance with MidPen Housing administrative guidelines and policies and procedures to ensure effective fiscal, physical and social soundness. The Community Manager takes initiative to seek solutions to problems unique to the site(s), develops and ensures adherence to operating procedures and Traffic Light Reports, and recommends appropriate policies that support MidPen’s strategic direction and plans.
On-site Housing Available
- Supervises one or more Assistant Community Manager(s) and Maintenance Technician
- Maintains a working partnership with local community groups including government officials, law enforcement and fire safety professionals
- Collects rent, security deposits, makes bank deposits and verifies resident income.
- Ensures timely and accurate re-certifications, both interim and annual
- Manages delinquent accounts, resident receivables, and petty cash
- Assists Property Manager with the completion of monthly variance budget reports, annual budget preparation, and monitor fiscal status of the property.
- Obtains all required program certifications, remains current with compliance and regulatory requirements (e.g. Fair Housing, HUD, TCAC, COS), and ensures property and staff are in compliance
- Completes annual and interim re-certifications accurately and on schedule
- Assists with completion of MOR/TCAC reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned