We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer who wants to improve their technical skills and join a team building a recently-launched web application that is transforming the way scientists make discoveries using Bio-Rad products. Our products are used to create new cancer, diabetes, and COVID-19 diagnostics and therapeutics. We offer an opportunity to work on all aspects of the product – front-end, back-end and infrastructure -- working in a small team that owns the full stack from conception to release, including operations and iterative enhancements. We emphasize a collaborative team culture, in a stable company with good work life balance. We are rapidly developing a web application using the latest technologies. You will be collaborating with and mentoring other team members using best practices in security, scaling and agility.
How We Do Development
- We believe that Development, SQA and Operations should work closely together and not "throw things over the wall"
- Developers, testers and operators are one in the same. We succeed together and we fail together
- We believe in automating everything. If you have to do it more than once, it's worth automating
- We take an iterative and incremental approach to our application and infrastructure
- The project is owned by the team, no piece is owned by one person, we all collaborate through swarming, code reviews, and other means to meet our goals
How You’ll Make An Impact:
- Work within a team to plan, deploy, and maintain scientific applications.
- Design, develop, test, and release new features focusing on customer experience.
- Build easy-to-use user experiences.
Design and implement APIs to support business needs.
- Engineer build, deployment and release management procedures.
- Monitor and support the production application.
- Automate the provisioning of AWS resources.
- Use and promote best implementation practices for security and data protection.
- Mentor other team members.
- Continuously improve the team development process by speaking up and being receptive to feedback.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technology discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in web application development.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical designs.
- Ability to communicate with developers and product owners.
- Experience making technical decision and communicating the rationale behind the decision.
- Experience giving other developers feedback on code and technical designs.
- Ability and motivation to continuously learn new technologies and practices.
- Experience designing and implementing web APIs.
- Experience working with at least one infrastructure-as-code framework.
- Experience working with AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, S3.
- Experience in Agile and DevOps environments.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and the ability to create full coverage test cases.
- Experience with modern cloud architectures (compute, storage, networking, containerization, microservices, lambda, NoSQL and SQL).
- Familiarity with cloud security: data protection, identity and access management, public key infrastructure.
- Comfortable in Linux/Unix command line.
- Passionate about writing clean, maintainable, well organized code.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with NoSQL.
- Experience with AWS SDKs (aws-sdk, boto3).
- Familiarity with Redux.
- Experience working on a customer-facing product.
This position is eligible for a $10,000 HIRING BONUS: Offered for a limited time only. Applicable to specific positions as labeled. Recipients must be employed at the time of payout. Payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad. Offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible. 12 months repayment clause.
Vaccination Requirement: Ability and consent to upload proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3 days of start date.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
Benefits: Bio-Rad's biggest asset is its people, and the reason why our Total Rewards deliver programs that provide value, quality, affordability, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Our robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle. We’re proud to offer rich options, including no-cost medical plans, free HSA money, a new fertility offering with stipend, life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges, time off, ERG’s, and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $127,000 to $174,700 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.