Responsible for all chemical/biological mixing, processing, and packaging operations within the production area. This includes the transferring of products through various process and storage areas.
This position is eligible for a $5,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Weighs, measures, prepares, and mixes materials to make stock solutions and/or products per work instructions/batch procedures.
- Calculates the amount of material required per work instruction/batch procedure.
- Collects samples and performs inline testing of product, resoles any pH and conductivity issues identified.
- Performs spiking of solutions and adjusts the ratio of materials as needed.
- Maintains timely and accurate records of the production process.
- Labels the prepared solutions and buffers.
- Communicates inventory, planning, and quality issues to supervisor or appropriate department partner.
- Safely disposes of materials and chemical/biologicals.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and repair of equipment, escalating to maintenance, as required.
- Performs transactions in SAP such as goods issued, goods receipt, tracks and records labor hours, inventory transfers, and look-up.
- Reviews and recommends revisions to work instructions and SOPs.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Independently operates reactors/large-scale equipment, including monitoring process, making appropriate adjustments, and adding chemical/biologicals to the reactors.
- Prioritizes work orders based on production demand and equipment utilization.
- Assists Process Development and R&D with validation of equipment and processes.
- Collects and documents data from remediation/wastewater/hazardous waste storage tanks and calculates air quality metrics for regulatory compliance.
- Performs root cause analysis of equipment or inline test failures.
- Trains employees on work processes.
- Identifies safety risks and recommends solutions.
- May be asked to act as Team Leader when called upon.
- Ensures labs are kept clean and up to 5S standards.
- Identifies and reports potential safety issues.
- Decontaminates, prepares, and isolates equipment for maintenance.
- Ensures chemicals are disposed of properly.
- High school diploma required.
- Associate’s degree with chemical/biological background preferred.
- 4-6 years of chemical/biological production experience required, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of hazardous regulation compliance and wastewater handling.
- Knowledge of handling reactors.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools-Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, SAP a plus.
- Strong Math skills with the ability to convert units of measure and calculate ratios required.
- Ability to speak, read and write using business communication skills. (English)
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Detail oriented.
- Intermediate analytical skills.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-JS1