This position will supervise the Bulk Resin and Buffer Production departments with 6+ operators during the swing shift Monday-Friday 1:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
This position is eligible for a $5,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Handling assigned role independently and with a minimum of supervision.
- Supervises packaging/production according to established guidelines.
- Schedules, assigns and manages the activities of team members.
- Conducts performance reviews.
- Hires and trains staff as needed.
- Ensures customer service level, cost and quality, efficiency is maintained.
- Participates in Change Control meetings.
- Troubleshoots packaging/production issues.
- Monitors and makes adjustments to process stay within schedule, budgets, and established targets.
- Identifies and implements cost and quality improvement and workflow optimization.
- Coordinates with other teams on procedures and improvement opportunities.
- Provides skilled technical guidance for packaging issues, and addresses any customer concerns.
- Provides product leadership by assessing results through finished product release.
- Develops strategy to meet business goals and schedules according to plan.
- Assists with establishing annual budgets, and track and control expensed against budget established.
- Perform production-related SAP transactions and evaluates recipes and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Called upon to lead special project teams.
- Bachelor's degree in science or related field or 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- Prefer 3+ years of chemical manufacturing experience, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Prefer knowledge of compliance issues, e.g. GMP, ISO, BAAQMD, OSHA, CUPA, etc., and equipment systems, like reactors.
- Desired- knowledge of polymer manufacturing, hazardous materials handling, and advanced knowledge of unit operations, equipment, controls, and instrumentation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Relevant certifications or training a plus.
- Strong computer skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of quality systems as they relate to production operations.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-LL1