About our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
Case Manager 1 (TCCM)
Our Transitional Care and Case Management Team is seeking a Case Manager to provide coordination and support to clients/family in their transition from nursing facilities/long term residential facilities with the goal of coming back into their community. A Case Manager will support their client with securing affordable housing, navigating through Government benefits and helping locate adequate services like In Home Support Services (IHSS) or even nursing support. All TCCM clients must have Medi-Cal and the ability to manage their own support and services in order to participate (or someone willing to do this for them).
This position is paid at an hourly rate of $22.05. A Case Manager works a full-time Monday through Friday schedule.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided to all staff and clients. This includes face masks, face shields, gloves, disinfectant, hand sanitizer and more!
Special Skills and Knowledge: Understanding and commitment to the philosophy of inclusion, normalization and consumer-driven services. Ability to anticipate and initiate action, problem solve, and make recommendations. Ability to maintain professional relationships with nursing facility staff, clients and clients’ families, and EBI TCCM team. Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to make independent judgments and work with minimal supervision. Ability to communicate clearly and thoroughly to supervisors. Ability to exercise good judgment. Ability to be extremely flexible with scheduling.
- Three years of experience working in the field of human services; experience working with programs such as IHSS and Medi-Cal preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (education can be substituted with additional 2 years of experience in the field).
- Possession of valid California driver’s license with a driving record that meets agency standards. Auto insurance and access to a vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coordination and support to enable clients to transition safely from nursing facilities to the community. Create a comprehensive service plan to ensure ongoing services in the community.
- Assist clients to access and utilize resources they will need to live in their own home, i.e. IHSS, affordable housing, community health services
- Maintain accurate and detailed records, including State and program required documentation, case notes, billing information, and client binders.
- Facilitate and assist clients with the development of a circle of support to build and maintain relationships with family, friends, and neighbors.
- Work effectively with significant persons in each client’s life, i.e. family members, friends, significant others. Work effectively with other EBI staff, representatives from other agencies, and members of the community.
- Communicate all information relevant to client support to the direct supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintain a consistent, positive attitude in order to successfully support each client.
- Schedule service times to accommodate client needs.
- Act as liaison to clients, their support systems, landlords, employers, and other agencies to maintain living options.
- Act as liaison between EBI and other State and Local agencies, i.e. Housing Authority and Social Security.
- Provide cross-coverage for colleagues as needed.
- Complete EBI Training curriculum and other required training.
- Complete EBI shadowing as set forth by supervisor.
- Participate in staff meetings and ongoing training as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and why you are a good fit for the position.
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff
- Free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household
- Annual health & wellness fair with free massage, cooking demonstration, wellness seminar, and wellness gift raffles
- Flexible Spending Account so you can use pre-tax dollars to cover your medical expenses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, allowing you to use pre-tax dollars to cover childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits, allowing you to save big on BART and bus with pre-tax dollars loaded onto your clipper card
Investing in Your Future Benefits:
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future
- Free financial coaching from an expert advisor to help answer any financial questions you may have
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
Career Advancement Benefits:
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021, helping you advocate for employment terms that work for you
- Ability to view and apply for supervisory position openings before they are advertised to the general public - we love to promote from within!
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving at 62 cents per mile
- Free legal consultation for any legal concerns you may have outside of work
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.