East Bay Innovations- Supported Employment Job Coach - Must be Driver
About our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a non-profit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
About this Position:
This is a part time position. As a Job Coach, you provide one on one support to adults with developmental disabilities at various employment sites throughout Alameda County. Must have excellent organizational, communication, computer, teaching, and problem solving skills. Must be able to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
This job is a great way to gain experience in the non-profit sector, social work, social services, or education and tutoring. We seek people who want to make a difference in the lives of others and are reliable, dependable, and teachable.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for the Job Coach position.
You would receive training and get to support clients with:
- Maintaining professional relationships with coworkers
- Organizing and prioritizing job tasks
- Requesting time off with managers
- Planning a main route to work and alternate routes
- Learning new duties and tasks
- Managing stress on busy days
- Anything else work related your client might need support with!
You must be available Monday-Friday from 5 PM till 10 PM. You also need to work on Saturdays and Sundays. You would work up to 30 hours per week (driving time included). The caseloads are concentrated throughout Alameda County.
Salary: $18.48 per hour
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided to all staff and clients. This includes face masks, face shields, gloves, disinfectant, hand sanitizer and more!
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with experience in human services, social services, social work, case management, mental health, occupational therapy, or non-profit sector
- Experience working with people with disabilities is a plus
- Committed to the philosophy of individualized services, independence, and community inclusion
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both as a team and independently
- You must have a reliable vehicle, auto insurance and be willing to DRIVE OWN CAR (mileage reimbursement offered)
Is this the right job for you?
- Do you believe that all people should be in the driver’s seat of their own life?
- Do you enjoy supporting and helping people, no task is too small?
- Do you enjoy working with people with many different lifestyles and backgrounds?
- Are you comfortable responding to unexpected challenges; you are cool under pressure and think quickly on your feet?
- Do you like working independently but communicate with your team and supervisor
- You like to learn new things and can learn quickly; when things change, you can roll with the punches?
- Do you follow through with commitments?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, YES! This job is for YOU!
What does EBI offer?
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from.
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff.
- Aflac- three different plans to choose from.
- FSA & DCFSA, Commuter and Parking pre tax benefits.
- Employee EAP that include free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household.
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future.
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021.
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities.
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving
- We show our appreciation for staff with monthly raffles, games and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do!
East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.