Call Center Supervisor
Axis Community Health
5925 W Las Positas Blvd STE 100
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Apply for Job
Healthcare / Health Services
$28.00 to $36.45 Per Hour
Axis Community Health is a nonprofit community health center that is growing rapidly in response to the exciting changes that are occurring in the healthcare arena. Axis Community Health has served the Pleasanton, Livermore, and Dublin area since 1972. Our services include medical care, mental health counseling, behavioral health, and WIC nutrition services for Tri- Valley residents.
We would love for you to apply to join us on our mission to provide quality, affordable, accessible and compassionate health care services that promote the well-being of all members of the community.
• Provides leadership to the Call Center team and assist Clinic Operations Manager in implementing policies and procedures.
• Prepare reports and analyze data to determine call center goals.
• Conduct quality assurance audits of Call Center staff to ensure operators understand and comply with set objectives, performance standards and policies.
• Oversee all appointment scheduling activities for Axis sites; ensure that clinics are scheduled according to protocol and that clinic schedules are set in collaboration with provider schedules.
• Maintain a current understanding of clinic operations and procedures.
• Respond to or direct calls to appropriate staff and departments.
• Provide outstanding customer service to patients to ensure a positive image for Axis Community Health.
• Forecast call volume and staffing requirements.
• In collaboration with the Clinic Operations manager, conduct personnel activities to include hiring, training, evaluating, disciplinary actions and other personnel actions as required.
• Participate in staff meetings, attend other meeting and training events as assigned.
• May be required to perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years of call center, customer service and leadership experience, health care preferred.
• High volume phone queue experience required.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Understanding of call center statistical analysis and reporting.
• Excellent problem solving, leadership and customer service skills.
• Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure, navigate tense situations and communicate professionally with persons of all backgrounds.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work accurately and efficiently while managing multiple tasks.
• Must have good computer skills using Microsoft Office and the ability to use Axis departmental systems.
• Must be able to use office equipment (i.e. copier, fax etc.)
• Verbal fluency in English and Spanish required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Employer paid health, dental, and vision benefits to the employee.
• Option to participate in a 403(B) retirement plan with employer matching contribution.
• Partial educational reimbursement.
• 12 paid holidays.
• Accrued paid time off with each pay period.
• Employee discount programs.
• Colleague Referral Bonus Program.
CONNECT WITH AXIS:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is normally performed in a typical clinic office work environment (and in some cases telecommuting sites). The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position if the accommodation request does not cause an undue hardship.
Physical: Occasionally required to carry/lift/push/pull/move up to 20 lbs. Frequently required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, reaching over the shoulder, reaching over the head, reaching outward, sitting, walking on various surfaces, standing, and bending. Occasional travel to other Axis health centers and other occasional travel will be required.
Equipment: Frequently required to use repetitive motion of hands and feet to operate a computer keyboard, telephone, copier, and other office equipment for extended periods.
Sensory: Frequently required to read documents, written reports, and signage. Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering the phone, interacting with staff, etc. Must be able to speak clearly, understand normal communication, and be understood.
Cognitive: Must be able to analyze the information being received, count accurately, concentrate and focus on the given task, summarize the information being received, accurately interpret written data, synthesize information from multiple sources, write summaries as needed, interpret written or verbal instructions, and recognize social or professional behavioral cues.
Environmental Conditions: Frequent exposure to varied office (medical clinic/office) environments. Rare exposure to dust and loud noises.
Axis Community Health is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us for assistance. Link to "EEO is Law" poster:
As part of our hiring process Axis conducts background checks.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, Axis Community Health reserves the right to modify or change the requirements of the job based on business necessity.
Axis Community Health
5925 W Las Positas Blvd STE 100
Pleasanton CA 94588
Copyright © 2023
All Rights Reserved.