Company: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA
GENERAL NATURE OF POSITION:
Assists the Controller and Chief Administrative Officer/Chief Financial Officer (CAO/CFO) in directing the organization’s accounting function. These functions include establishing and maintaining the Agency’s accounting principles, practices and procedures as well as supporting the CAO/CFO and Controller through financial reporting and analysis, budgeting & planning, cash and investment management, and managing, coordinating, supervising assigned staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to manage complex financial analysis function in a large nonprofit organization.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP principles as they apply to non-profit organizations and with government accounting and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing systems, ongoing maintenance and upgrades.
- Positive energetic, optimistic attitude and willingness to embrace a “whatever-it-takes” mantra while being a committed strong team player.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, working with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in environment that promotes compassion, service and social justice.
- Commitment and support for organizational initiatives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, presentation skills and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of non-profit industry accounting desirable.
- The ability to look “outside the box” to develop effective, efficient processes.
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or an approved related field.
- 10 years of financial management and planning experience; with budget management and financial reporting activities in a non-profit organization.
- Working knowledge of government contract accounting (State, County, City Contracts)
- Thorough understanding GAAP, CAS and FASB.
- Advance level skills in Excel, Adaptive Budgeting and Planning, MIP, Power Point, and other data analytics tools.
- Talk, hear, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and to reach with hands and arms
- Possess the mobility to maneuver throughout the building.
- Use a keyboard and computer terminal, telephone and other office equipment
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Normal sitting and walking
TO APPLY: Please submit resume to email@example.com and use the job position title as the subject line.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Catholic Charities is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons seeking employment are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.