We are seeking an outstanding Bioinformatics Scientist to join the Advanced Technology Group to support the design and development of highly multiplexed PCR assays for a novel platform automated digital PCR system for clinical diagnostics market and future expansion into multi-omics. This is a unique cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Molecular Biologists, Biochemistry, Microfluidics, and Engineering. Candidates must have a broad experience of developing PCR assays in genomics or clinical diagnostics and be able to apply that knowledge creatively and independently to solve problems and navigate design of innovative PCR assay systems. Highly analytical and flexible scientists that can synthesize and leverage learned information across multiple data sets will excel in this position. Any method may be deployed provided it is fit for purpose. You will immediately contribute and play a major role in laying the technology foundation for BioRad’s product portfolio in Reproductive Health (NIPT,Carrier Screening, etc).
- Provide scientific and technical leadership in bioinformatics to the growing technology development team and lead the bioinformatics innovation strategy.
- Proactively analyze the genomic and actual cfDNA sequencing databases to generate genomic assay sequences and IP linked to dPCR around specific targets in Reproductive Health Menu: trisomy, microdeletions, endometriosis, pre-eclampsia, carrier screening, etc.
- Build internal processes to make multiplex assay (primer and probe) design rules more efficient.
- Design validation experiments with the feasibility team powered by statistics to reduce the number of critical variables to test thereby increasing hits to reduce workload and timelines.
- Identifying key normalization methods for complex RH applications in the context of ddPCR assay
- Start building proteomic databases on fetal cells for unique surface protein for better enrichment of fetal cells.
- Start correlating the proteomic databases along with the genomic databases for both fetal cells and cffDNA to highlight unique multiomic signatures for much earlier detections of pregnancy complications.
- Research and build IP around genomic /proteomic signatures from other floating biomarkers such as exosomes, microRNAs, mitochondrial DNA, mRNA, etc.
- Accountable for data analysis and algorithm development for early concept, discovery and feasibilty .
- Partner closely with other Bioinformatics and Software teams in Clinical Diagnostics Groups at Bio-Rad.
- M.S. in Bioinformatics, Genetics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or BioPhysics with 6+ years of experiece, or Ph.D. in related field with 3+ years in experience highlighted with successful NPIs.
- Extensive experience in genetic analysis (experience in NIPT or cell-free DNA applications is preferred), bioinformatics and computational programming.
- Knowledge and experience of common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools.
- Proven track record of developing products that combine genomics, digital PCR or next generation sequencing, molecular biology, statistics, and bioinformatics algorithms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, logical and analytical thinking, ability to multitask, work independently and on a team, and the ability to learn, troubleshoot, and problem solve are essential.
- Committed to scientific rigor and history of working with innovative science teams.
- Strong R, SAS, or Matlab programming skill (including data graphing skill) is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Git and SQL for data management and analysis pipeline development a plus
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Benfits & Pay:
One of Bio-Rad’s strengths is the diversity of its people. That’s why we are proud to offer a benefits program that allows you to select from a variety of options to best meet the needs of you and your family. Bio-Rad Employee Benefits include FREE health insurance option for employees and their dependents, short and long term disability, 401k profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, $5k annual education benefits, student debt relief program, and more!
- Target base pay range of $93,300 - $128,300 (dependent upon location)
- 10% annual bonus
- $5,000 sign-on bonus
- This position is eligible for hybrid or 100% remote