A Data Scientist ready to tackle the tough machine learning and statistical challenges as we build and scale our ddPCR bioinformatics solutions. This person will be responsible for applying efficient machine learning algorithms to enable discovery and for writing and optimizing the signal processing algorithms that underpin our ddPCR technology. The ideal candidate is an efficiency-first person that seeks not just to solve problems but to solve them by the most elegant means possible.
Do you thrive on taking and owning novel ideas from white board to product release? Do you want to work in a multi-disciplinary, dynamic environment that has the steady support of a larger, established company? Come join us at the Digital Biology Group and lead the way in the development of the next generation of computational biology tools.
- Develop efficient machine learning and statistics software to process ddPCR data generated on our industry-leading partitioning platforms.
- Develop and optimize signal processing algorithms vital for our ddPCR instruments.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, bioinformaticians and data scientists to identify analysis opportunities in existing databases.
- Develop automated pipelines for doing machine learning at scale.
- Understand statistical challenges and develop their solutions.
- Support upcoming ddPCR products bridging the gap between machine to data analysis.
- MS degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or similar OR.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or similar with 2+ years of industry experience.
- Experience creating and optimizing signal processing algorithms is required.
- Experienced in standard statistical methods including hypothesis testing, regression analysis, linear and non-linear models, data aggregation, unsupervised learning methods.
- Proficient in using scripting languages in a Unix environment (e.g. Python, R), including data visualization skill.
- Experience programming in at least one compiled programming language (e.g., C/C++/C#) .
- Understanding of test-driven development and unit testing framework.
- The following will be desirable but not essential:
- Experience with digital or quantitative PCR assay design.
- Experience with Agile development and issue tracking systems (Jira).
- Experience with code version control tools (Git/Github).
- Experience with design control processes.
- Experience with .NET framework.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.