Nice to meet you! We're Kyo.
Kyo is a leading provider of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), an evidence-based therapy for individuals with autism. Kyo serves thousands of children and teens across ten states. Every day, we seek to achieve the unachievable for our clients.
As a Behavior Therapist (BT), you will work 1 on 1 with clients to implement our child-centric therapy model in home, school and/or community environments. In partnership with your clinical supervisor, you will incorporate each child's unique interests into fun, play-based sessions. Join our team to receive personalized mentorship and professional growth opportunities while making a difference!
Our rapidly growing team of Behavior Therapists (BTs) and Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) has immediate part-time and full-time openings. $2000 SIGN-ON BONUSES are also available for RBTs!
Pay Range: $20.50-$24.50 DOE
Meet your Regional Leader here : https://www.linkedin.com/in/corinne-turrini-m-s-bcba-27918298
WHY CHOOSE US?
- We'll set you up for short term and long term success with personalized 1:1 mentorship, paid ongoing training, and professional development for those who want to grow their career ABA, or even pursue another field.
- Our proprietary Care app allows you to easily accept or reject changes to your schedule and seamlessly communicate with our scheduling team.
- Company-paid Registered Behavior Technician credential or, where applicable, state specific ABA license.
- Paid time off (PTO), mileage reimbursement, and paid drive time between sessions.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and company-paid subscription to the Wise@Work wellness app.
- Referral bonuses and other perks via our employee rewards app.
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance benefits for staff working 30+ hours/week.
- Supervision hours and tuition reimbursement available for those enrolled in BCBA coursework.
- A company culture that is supportive, collaborative, and believes that diverse perspectives lead to more creative thinking about our work, with superior results.
WHAT YOU'D DO:
- Provide 1:1 play-based instruction to clients using techniques from the field of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), as directed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), in home, school, and community settings.
- Assist clients in acquiring academic and/or appropriate life skills. This may include toilet training, eating, and other self-help skills.
- Utilize company-provided iPad for onsite data collection and to report progress regarding client performance and behavior with a high level of accuracy, consistency, and organization.
- Utilize safe & appropriate handling procedures when working with clients, primarily young children, some of whom can display aggressive and/or violent behavior.
- Communicate clearly, respectfully and openly with all team members, clients, and clients' parents/caregivers.
- Provide accurate and consistent availability and inform cancellations of any upcoming changes.
- Participate in client clinical team meetings, & staff training and staff development days.
- Comply with all company policies, including mandatory reporting of child health & safety concerns as described in the company's employee handbook.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Minimum availability of 3 weekdays per week, from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
- Reliable vehicle with proof of valid driver's license and insurance (use of public transportation approved for certain caseloads in San Francisco only).
- Willingness to drive an average of 45 minutes to and from and in between client locations.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED. AA (or equivalent units) required for most full-time positions.
- Ability to pass DOJ & FBI background check and, where applicable, TB test or TB risk assessment.
- Ability and willingness to obtain and/or maintain Registered Behavior Technician certification or, where applicable, state specific ABA licensure.
- Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination and booster (if eligible), no later than your scheduled start date. (If you believe you are entitled to either a medical or religious exemption to our vaccination requirement, please notify your Kyo recruiter immediately so that your request may be reviewed by HR.)
- Preferred working knowledge of Apple iPad technology and Google Suite.
NOTE THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Have the ability to regularly walk, kneel, crawl, bend, crouch, stand up from the ground, and sit on the floor or in child-sized chairs for extended periods of time. Must also have the ability to lift and carry or otherwise move a pediatric population (up to 50 pounds). Occasionally may require running or otherwise moving quickly.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to regularly use and enter data into a computer/tablet/phone.
- Specific vision abilities/visual acuity required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Be able to read and comprehend written communication through computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
- Specific auditory abilities required include perceiving the nature of sounds at normal to below normal speaking levels with or without correction, ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discrimination in sound, spatial awareness of sounds and speech at a variety of volume levels, often in background noise.
- Be able to speak in a manner easily understood and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- If required by a Behavior Intervention Plan, must be willing and able to utilize safe & appropriate handling procedures, including quick body movements, in the course of working with children with challenging behavior.
Apply today to meet with our Talent team and learn more!