Opportunities in the Fremont, Hayward and South Bay regions!
We're so glad you're here, and look forward to reviewing your application. Don't forget to check out our video below (or at www.discover-hope.com/workforus) to learn more about what it's like to work for Discover Hope!
Why work at Discover Hope as a Behavior Technician?
Being a Behavior Technician at Discover Hope is much more than just a job; it’s working with a team of talented and passionate individuals. A team that will help you become the best version of yourself and make an incredible impact in the lives of children and their families. At Discover Hope, you will receive invaluable experience that will set you up for a successful future career. Excellent opportunity for college students and recent graduates!
Role/Responsibilities of a Behavior Technician:
- Conduct ABA therapy with client's in their homes
- Implement treatment plan as written by the clinical team (teaching skills such as functional communication, self help daily living skills, play and social skills, etc.)
- Track and record client's progress
- Follow client's behavior plan as written
- Build strong relationships with client's and their families
- Have fun, playful sessions!
What would make you a perfect fit for the Behavior Technician role?
You're interested in psychology, early childhood education, ABA, behavior therapy, or mental health. You’re passionate about helping others and want to make a difference in the world. You believe communication and supporting your colleagues makes a strong, fun team. You love being around kids and making them smile with your infectious energy! Sound like you?
- You are available in the afternoons (Saturday's a plus)
- You are available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week (up to 35 hours per week available!)
- You possess a minimum of a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- You have a valid driver's license with reliable transportation and auto insurance for driving to clients’ homes
- You have all your child immunizations and the Covid vaccine.
We offer these great perks for the role of Behavior Technician ?
- Competitive starting compensation
- Training provided to be fully prepared to become RBT/BCAT certified
- Mileage reimbursement and paid drive time between clients
- Part-time work (great for college students) or full-time opportunities
- Bonus pay for Friday's and Saturday's
- Bonus pay for excellent attendance
- Annual bonus opportunities
- Opportunities for benefits if working over 30 hours
- Paid vacation time and holidays for employees working 21 hours or more.
- 401k plan
- Tuition discounts with multiple university partners
- Opportunities for growth (Senior Behavior Technician, Program Supervisor, etc.)
- Access to our full toy inventory to use during your sessions
- Get to work with an amazing group of supportive colleagues (including fun team building events outside of working hours)
- Referral bonus for encouraging your awesome friends/family to become part of the DH family!