We are currently recruiting for the position of:
SPECIALIST, BEER/WINE/LIQUOR - 6155 W. Las Positas, Pleasanton, CA 94588
The Beer, Wine, & Liquor Specialist is an integral part of a highly motivated team focused on serving guests with an emphasis on the overall Beer, Wine, & Liquor department and Center Store Market guest experience to consistently meet or exceed guest expectations.
The Beer, Wine, & Liquor Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the beer, wine, and liquor department and all alcohol related displays in the store. The Specialist ensures all product related areas are fully stocked for our guests. The position will order, receive, stage, and stock products while ensuring proper inventory control, product rotation. This position will create and build product displays, ensure proper fronting of products, and handle product damages and credits according to company policy and regulatory guidelines. The Specialist must be familiar with store products, cross merchandising, and their locations in order to assist guests. The Specialist will have exposure to a variety of retail tasks related to product, guest service and merchandising.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Provide guests with a remarkable shopping experience by greeting and thanking customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner, answering questions, and responding to customer requests
· Maintaining an up to date knowledge of various types of spirits, wine, beers, ales, and cocktails to advise guests on selection options and food pairing choices
· Up to date on the latest alcoholic trends and provide cross merchandising options for Center Store Market plans
· Stock beer, wine, and liquor store shelves and displays to ensure products availability, appeal, guest satisfaction and store profitability
· Ensure accurate regular and sale pricing of all merchandise items at shelf edge, computer/registry/IRIS inventory system
· Monitor sales, inventory, maintain back stock areas, and order products to maximize sales and profits
· Perform and/or ensure the receipt/check in, inspection and break-down for stocking of incoming goods to ensure product availability
· Maintain a clean and safe environment to ensure the safety of co-workers and guests
· Perform other duties as assigned