North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
NWS demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an exemption, and associated accommodations if deemed available and reasonable, under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Enterprise Infrastructure Services Division (EIS) within the LivIT Program in the Computing Directorate has an opening for an Audio Video Infrastructure Technician. With safety and quality workmanship as a priority, the successful candidate will install audio, video, and Video Teleconferencing systems, including video projection systems, displays, touch panels, speakers (ceiling mounted and clusters), cabling installation, rack wiring, and terminating A/V systems. The successful candidate should have a strong background in A/V electronics, cabling, schematic review, and signal flow as well as read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints.
This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Provide moderately complex installation of audio/visual projects including but not limited to pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting A/V equipment, and metal/mechanical fabrication.
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints.
- Utilize hand tools, power tools, and other miscellaneous A/V tools.
- Perform soldering and crimping of connectors (XLR, RJ45, TRS, BNC, and F-CONN).
- Perform rack wiring based on industry standards and local security requirements.
- Install projector and projection screen support structures.
- Communicate daily job site status to Team Lead and/or Management.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Associate degree in telecommunications, electronics, related fields, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- General experience and knowledge in the field of commercial construction.
- Knowledge of signal flow for audio, video, and control systems.
- Experience mounting A/V equipment.
- Ability to read and follow schematics, sketches, drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Ability to operate hand/power tools (i.e. drills, saws, reciprocating saws, etc.), climb ladders, and lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under general supervision while meeting necessary deadlines.
- Effective communication, written, interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce and customers.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Extron AV Associate Certification.
- Completion of the OSHA 10-Hour Construction Course.
- Completion of InfoComm Quick Start to the Audiovisual Industry Course.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.