Qualified candidates will have:
• A graduate degree in science or science communication + at least 3 years of science journalism experience or a BA/BS in science or journalism + 5 years journalism experience covering science or biomedicine and writing on deadline.
• 5 to 10+ years of copyediting experience for a journalistic publication or site
• Exceptional attention to detail, grammar and logical story construction
• A solid grasp of Chicago style and familiarity with AP and scientific style
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical information.
• Advanced MS Word skills
• Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills
• A strong work ethic, professional demeanor and tact
• Ability to work on tight deadlines
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to analyze situations effectively, prioritize tasks, work independently, and self-manage
• Interest in science and technology
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, ability to adjust focus and color vision in order to perform fact checking to ensure that the colors on graphs, maps and photos match legends or captions.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
If you possess the above requirements, please submit your resume by applying online at:
Annual Reviews is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age (40 and above), military status, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact the Director of Human Resources at 650-493-4400 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this phone number or email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click on each of the following through the job ad on our career website: (1) EEO is the Law Poster, (2) EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, (3) Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, and (4) AR EEO/AA Statement.