Bio-Rad Laboratories is seeking an outstanding scientist to join the applications team. The applications team works closely with colleagues in R&D and product marketing to develop experimental workflows that are of significant interest to our customers. Our experiments cover protein purification and quantitation, gene expression, cell biology and the exciting areas where these intersect. The data we generate will be used to produce tech notes, brochures, and posters to demonstrate the unique features and potential uses of our products to our customers. This is a bench scientist position; the successful candidate will perform wet-lab experimentation.
- Design, execute and analyze experiments which showcase the features of our products.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations.
- Collaborate with marketing partners to prepare customer facing collateral including tech notes, posters, brochures and talks.
- Participate in lab maintenance and organization activities.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar life science discipline.
- 2+ years of hands-on laboratory experience (industry or academic experience).
- Practical experience with cell culture, nucleic acid and protein sample preparation, electrophoresis, and western blotting is required.
- Hands on experience with PCR, qPCR and/or multiplex immunoassays is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision, be a good team member, handle changing priorities and exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including technical writing and presentation experience.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.