THIS POSITION IS SHORT TERM, MAX 1000 HOURS IN A CALENDAR YEAR
North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Supply Chain Management (SCM) Department has an opening for a Closeout Contract Coordinator to perform advanced administrative duties and entry-level contract administration and market research duties. The Closeout Contract Coordinator is primarily responsible for the facilitation of the contracting process including managing workflows, facilitation contract signature processes, administration of contract databases, expediting, payment reconciliation, filing and other administrative duties. The successful candidate for this position will not have delegated authority to negotiate of award contracts or purchase orders nor will they have the authority to make commitments on behalf of Lawrence Livermore National Security (LLNS).
This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Support Subcontract Administration Support Section (SASS) team and Contract Analysts with completion of closeouts to include sending requests for closeout documents, reconciling payments to Accounts Payable data, and follow up with suppliers.
- Ensure receipt of all deliverables is documented, and follow up with vendors, if required.
- Reconcile contract and purchase order payment terms with vendor invoices.
- Track and resolve external queries relating to order status, account information and compliance issues.
- Track expiring contracts and purchase orders and expedite renewals or closeouts through the approval process.
- Enter closeout data in the LINCS system.
- Using the DOEPAC system, reconcile payments for Memo Purchase Orders with other DOE sites and complete closeout of these orders.
- Use Microsoft Office tools to track and provide status to SCM personnel.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Associate’s degree in General Education or Business Administration or equivalent combination of experience and education related to the essential skills knowledge and abilities below.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation skills.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to react promptly to multiple short-term deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to shepherd internal and external customers through transactions and processes quickly and efficiently without compromising quality.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and handle a high volume of work.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to access and interpret standard practices and guidelines that govern SCM functions.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: P (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.