North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
NWS demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an exemption, and associated accommodations if deemed available and reasonable, under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Environment, Safety, and Health (ES&H) Directorate has an opening for an Administrative Assistant. Under limited supervision, the successful candidate will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities.
This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Serve as a resource in day-to-day administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory
- Represent management in daily matters to gather, clarify, and disseminate information and coordinate information and activities.
- Compile, coordinate, prepare, and keyboard numerous diverse and complex administrative documents, scientific reports including graphs, charts, tables, and graphics; and correspondence, including documents of a highly sensitive nature.
- Establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets, files and tracking systems both electronic and hard copy.
- Independently track action items; ensure timely flow of organizational paperwork and check for accuracy and completeness prior to submission to management for approval.
- Serve as a resource and interpret institutional, directorate and division organizational policies and procedures.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of multiple attendees.
- Prepare travel paperwork for travel and process expense reports.
- Serve as an administrative team member and assist with special projects.- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Advanced secretarial and administrative experience with accurate keyboarding, professional command of grammar, proficient editing skills, and a high-level of attention to detail to prepare multiple complex documents.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and all levels of management.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Experience arranging complex domestic travel.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.