The Activities Assistant supports the Life Enrichment Director with general administrative duties, works with the residents and the Resident Activities Clubs/Committees, and
assists in organizing and executing resident activities including parties, games, events, etc.
- Event setup/tear down, generate pull sheets to ensure items are out and ready for the event
- Portal Management – ensures all activities/events/movies are listed on the Portal
- Generate Monthly Calendars ensuring timeline is met
- Caterease – booking events into system and generating BEO’s for events related to Life Enrichment – Attend BEO meetings with Director (online training available)
- Work with EVS/F&B on required items for activities/events
- Create Flyers/Posters for Activities/Events and maintain bulletin boards and signage
- Coordinate Beverage inventory and supplies for events – maintain bar cleanliness and supplies
- Work the window, assisting residents on a variety of items
- Work with Director on event layout and generate floor plans using Placez (online training available)
- Conduct training for residents on use of Portal and Zoom as needed (Monthly Portal Classes)
- Assist with event AV setup for other departments as needed
- Maintain the Movie program ensuring movies are ordered (Netflix) and are received on time, start movies, popcorn (when allowed) and ensure timely return of movies
- Ensure Activities Storage spaces are clean, organized, and items are put away properly, maintain inventory of item location
- Other duties as assigned by Life Enrichment Director
- Two to three years general office and clerical experience preferred
- Strong written and communication skills
- Flexibility in work schedule, able to work occasional evenings or weekends
- Professional and approachable
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Publisher and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and keep accurate records in a fast paced environment
- Detailed, organized and self-directed, with excellent customer service skills
- High school diploma or GED
About Stoneridge Creek
Stoneridge Creek is a large Continuing Care Retirement Community on 50 acres in Pleasanton, CA in the Bay Area. The community consists of 565 Independent Living Units in Villas, Town Homes, and Apartments.
Stoneridge Creek strongly promotes its STAR values which are: Service to residents and colleagues (S), Team Success (T), Aiming for excellence (A) and Doing the Right thing (R).
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities in our community. We are committed to hiring a high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
Stoneridge offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbour 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at http://stoneridgecreek.hrmdirect.com
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to sit at a desk for up to six hours per day. Must be able to concentrate with frequent interruptions. Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, and squat to access files and various documentation. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs occasionally. When lifting over 35 lbs, you are required to ask for assistance. Occasionally push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 200 lbs. Must be able to tour through the entire community, up to one mile, occasionally pushing a wheelchair. Must be able to drive a golf cart while giving a tour of the community.