Account Manager role responsible for Bio-Rad Account Manager portfolio sales and growth in Academic and Government Accounts in Los Angeles and surrounding area. Consultative, technical sales role, covering the following; Los Angeles up to Parlier, North Orange County, and Las Vegas. Responsible for 20% over night travel throughout territory. Responsible for prospecting, nurturing, and closing sales leads for proteomics and genomics instrumentation and consumbles. Responsible for overarching strategic management of accounts within the territory. Team and individual selling scenarios. Salary + commission pay structure with company car provided.
The Global Commercial Operations Sales team builds close partnerships with our customers so we can deeply understand their needs and identify the right solutions to help them achieve their goals. A collaborative group that values winning together, we support both Life Science and Clinical Diagnostics and deliver a holistic experience that leads to long-term customer relationships. We’re proud to be right at the forefront of both scientific and healthcare advancements. Together, we empower our customers with the products and tools they need to make critical breakthroughs in research and treatment.
How You'll Make An Impact:
- Promote & Sell the Bio-Rad account manager portfolio consisting of proteomics and genomics instrumentation and consumables to achieve territory sales goals
- Build, Manage and Grow sales opportunity funnel
- Identify, Nurture & Grow sales opportunities
- Manage & Meet Customer Deadlines
- Proactively partner and communicate with sales team to ensure achievement of territory sales goals
- Proactively update CRM on a daily basis
- Proactively communicate with regional manager on activities, market trends, opportunities & forecast
- Demonstrate Excellent oral & written communication skills within Bio-Rad and externally with customers
- Learn technical aspects of product portfolio and learn to demo key products.
What You'll Bring:
- 3-5 Years of sales experience with a strong focus on selling genomics and/ or proteomic portfolios
- Previous experience selling to academic & government customers
- Previous experience working closely with team members and management
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (Verbal & Written)
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated record of success
- Strong knowledge of genomics and/or proteomics research space
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Developed analytical skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Microsoft office
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges and support, paid time off, Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s), and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $80,000 to $110,000 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is also eligible for quarterly commission based on assigned sales quotas.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-PB1