At the Digital Biology Center in beautiful Pleasanton (a division of Bio-Rad) we are a Center of Innovation. We use droplet digital PCR to power a super-precise, molecular counting of nucleic acids. Building on the high precision, reproducibility, and increased sensitivity of ddPCR, we are expanding into Quality Control applications for Cell and Gene Therapy as well as Oncology applications. This means generating applications and products that enable the Cell and Gene therapy market to advance in one of the most challenging areas, manufacturing.
You will be part of a team: initiating, developing, and validating QC Biopharma kits for Cell and Gene therapy and Oncology kits for the liquid biopsy market. You will work in a dynamic, face paced environment with a multitude of opportunities to shine.
We offer excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, a family positive culture, and a great team environment.
This position is eligible for a $10,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Plan feasibility testing, protocol development, optimization, verification, validation, and launch.
- Document research progress under a Quality Management System.
- Clearly present and communicate progress directly with colleagues and senior management.
- Build, educate, develop, and manage a team of Research Associates and Scientists.
- Design effective experiments and work with statistics and bioinformatics team.
- Perform basic data analysis (R, JMP, and Excel).
- Successfully interact with various functional roles (including Marketing, Software, Engineers, Quality, Manufacturing & Project managers) within the organization to drive project to completion.
- PhD in molecular biology or a closely related field and at least 6 years of industry experience.
- Proven track record of design, execution, and launch of products or tests.
- Skilled at writing clear plans, reports, and SOPs.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- High capacity to learn, think critically, multitask, and problem-solve.
- Experience with nucleic acid technology relating to PCR, qPCR, multiplex PCR, and digital PCR.
- Background in QC Biopharma, Cell and Gene therapy or Antibody production a huge plus.
- Experience working under NPD Design Control a plus (ISO13485 quality system).
- Understanding and familiarity with CLSI guidance.
- Product development for regulated markets (CE/IVD, FDA) is a plus.
- Experience with next generation sequencing, target enrichment experience is a plus.
- Adept with Excel, basic statistical analysis, programming (e.g. R, PERL, python) and experience with databases (SQL) are a plus.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.