The word translates to mean Japanese hospitality. For us, it is our commitment to our food, our service, and our team so that every guest experience is memorable. To achieve this commitment, we focus on exceptional training and development which is why the majority of our managers have been promoted from our hourly team. Our team members take pride in preparing and serving Marugame Udon’s delicious food. They know that to do this right, a clean and organized work area at all times is the key to success at Marugame Udon. By also consistently following the proper recipes and procedures and adhering to Marugame Udon’s high standards regarding food preparation, cleaning and sanitation, teamwork, and guest service. Team members help to ensure that the Marugame Udon guest experience is always the best it can be. Team members get to learn about and work at a variety of stations: dough-making, tempura, order taker, prep, busser, cashier, and dishwasher. In each area they’re greeting and interacting with Marugame Udon’s guests directly, making their meals, while portioning out the ingredients to our standards. Team members’ responsibilities require them to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break. If they are not busy, they are expected to take on other tasks that need to be completed. They are expected to work with others as a team. Every team member is expected to follow Marugame Udon's policies and procedures.
The Restaurant Manager’s principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential Functions and Duties as Restaurant Manager:
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for meeting restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. To ensure efficient restaurant operation and maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Oversee and manage all areas of the Marugame Udon restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service and operational success with store management team.
- Coordinate the entire restaurant operation
- Deliver superior guest services and ensure absolute customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently to customer complaints
- Enforce and offer the best quality of products possible
- Deliver the up-most food quality to the company standard
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise personnel’s performance and provide feedback to keep them upbeat and productive
- Estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory
- Monitor compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations
- Control costs and minimize waste
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Ensure that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel / payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Promote and publicize the brand
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example
- Monitor operations and initiate corrective action
- Manage recruitment, including hiring and terminating of hourly and exempt personnel
- Cultivate and train next supervisors and manager candidates internally
- Keep General Manager and Director of Operations promptly and fully informed of all issues (ie. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary of suggests alternative courses of action.
- Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate, which will be conductive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency / effectiveness.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities are required or requested.
- Provide friendly, quality guest service to each Marugame Udon guest
- Work toward understanding and articulating food with integrity
- Consistently and accurately use prep sheets, cleaning list, and station checklists
- Following Marugame Udon sanitation standards including washing cookware and utensils throughout the day
- Cleaning equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to Marugame Udon sanitation guideline
- $500 Signing Bonus for Eligible Candidate
- Medical / Dental / Vision with 95% Paid by Company
- Life / STD / LTD / AD&D
- 401(k) with Company Match up to $1200
- 2 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) Plus Additional 5 Holiday PTO Days
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Advancement Opportunity
- Flexibility of schedule
- 5 shifts a week minimum including weekends and nights
- Ability to work in a busy, fast environment
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant employees and work as a team by helping others as needed or requested
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively with guests and other employees
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Must maintain good hygiene with a clean and polished appearance and uniform
- Able to exhibit a positive and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service
- Must work with a sense of urgency, no matter the level of business
- Ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
- Able to follow instructions for recipes and sanitation guidelines
- Ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line
- Punctual, strict attendance policy
- Abide by policy/procedure
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
- Lift and carry bags and cases of up to 40 lbs., up to 20 times per shift: places these items on high shelves.
- Frequently bend and kneel
- Work frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- Stand and use hands for the entire 5-8 hours shift.
- Able to understand and follow the work schedule
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans; burns, slipping, and tripping.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.