Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. is seeking an in-house Patent Agent to support Life Science Research and Clinical Diagnostics Technologies. This role is based out of Hercules or Irvine, California.
- Promote and develop new invention disclosures and make recommendations for patent filings.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications.
- Manage outside counsel in the prosecution of patent applications.
- Review, evaluate and advise on IP matters relating to the acquisition of third-party technologies.
- Conduct freedom to operate studies.
- Provide IP training to R&D.
- Registration before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and 5-10 years of patent prosecution experience are required.
- Advanced degree in a life sciences field and prior patent prosecution experience in a law firm or corporation is preferred.
Ability and consent to upload proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3 days of start date.
Who We Are:
For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see
Bio-Rad's biggest asset is its people, and the reason why our Total Rewards deliver programs that provide value, quality, affordability, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Our robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle. We’re proud to offer rich options, including no-cost medical plans, free HSA money, a new fertility offering with stipend, life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges, time off, ERG’s, and more!
Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.