If you are looking for a place to work where team members and residents feel like family, where you feel supported by your leadership, where you feel recognized for your talents and are given opportunities to grow…then Carefield Castro Valley is the right place for you!
Carefield values the individuality and needs of each team member while also building strong team connectivity. Our team members are compassionate and dedicated to supporting our residents and each other in a positive, kind and encouraging manner. Most importantly, they understand that one positive interaction at a time can change somebody’s life.
Benefits and Offerings:
· Competitive Pay
· Differential Pay
· Flexible hours
· Health Insurance
· Dental & Vision
· Rewards and Incentives
· Career Advancement
· Comprehensive Training
· Fun and Collaborative Environment
Open Position Schedules:
Job Duties Include:
§ Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
§ Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
§ Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
§ Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
· Provide assistance (or reminders) with activities of daily living, including grooming, oral hygiene, bath/shower, hair cleaning and brushing, and transferring to and from activities and meals, as needed.
· Provide assistance with resident’s personal environment (e.g. clothing, linen, and personal belongings).
· Lift and/or transfer residents as needed.
· Assist in meal preparation/presentation, serving to resident, and other dining- related responsibilities; record and report changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
· Make resident rounds every two hours as required in residents’ service plans or as circumstances dictate.
· Record and report changes in resident’s condition to the supervisor including but not limited to changes in resident’s ability to perform activities of daily living, skin changes, bruising, etc.
· Use approved charting criteria and procedures to record pertinent information in resident charts.
· Immediately report all incidents or accident involving residents to the Resident Care Director/Supervisor and record all necessary information on the Resident Incident and Accident Reporting Form.
· Maintain a safe and orderly environment by performing general scheduled housekeeping for resident involving cleaning laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
· Initiate and participate in leisure activities provided for residents; encourage resident to socialize and participate in planned activities and programs to develop friendships with other residents.
· Follow proper procedures in emergency situations and respond promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance, including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
· Follow outlined procedure, physicians’ orders, and state laws when assisting or supervising residents with medications. Exhibit an understanding of and be willing to follow medication policy and procedures.
· Correct and prevent environmental hazards in an appropriate and safe manner while observing universal precautions and infection control procedures.
· Assist supervisor with administrative tasks, including:
o Functioning as point of contact during shift for communication between supervisors, doctors, and families.
o Stock medical and office supplies on a daily basis.
o Daily follow up on bath schedules and vital signs (blood pressure, weight, and respiration, etc).
o Check residents’ files daily for appropriate and necessary signatures.
o Complete incident reports with physician and notify family members as directed.
· Assume additional responsibilities related to medication administration, including:
o Maintain security and accountability for medications during shift.
o Inventory controlled substances and provide accurate reconciliation of the inventory. Count controlled substances with another staff member each time responsibility of medication administration changes.
o Review of medication administration record for errors at the completion of each medication pass.
o Assurance that care and services related to medication administration are provided in a safe and secure manner and follow state licensure rules.
o Weekly verification that residents who are approved to administer their own medication are doing so and, where applicable, are completing the medication administration record sheet.
o Assistance with the review of medication books for errors.
o Complete medication error forms and obtaining the appropriate staff signatures before forwarding to supervisor. This includes notification of the physician.
o Responsibility for medication reorders, including PRN medication.
o Weekly review of medication sheets and verification of residents’ capability to administer their own medications.
o Faxing of written or faxed orders from doctors to pharmacies.