At Monarch, we’re leading the digital transformation of farming. Monarch Tractors augment both muscle and mind. Our Monarch tractor is a fully loaded hardware, software, and service machine which will spur future generations of farming technologies.
With our farmer-first mentality, we are building a smart tractor that will enhance (not replace) the existing farm ecosystem, alleviate labor availability and cost issues, and provide an avenue for competitive organic and beyond farming by providing mechanical solutions to replace harmful chemical solutions. Despite all the bleeding-edge technology we will incorporate, our tractor will still plow, till, and haul better than any other tractor in its class. We have all the necessary ingredients to develop, build and scale the Monarch Tractor and digitally transform farming around the world.
Utilizing your experience as a manufacturing technician, you will join the assembly team that provides high-quality manufacturing of our award-winning Monarch tractor.
- Manufacturing Engineering support with process development.
- Reads blueprint specifications, schematics, and parts lists for gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Helps to develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Visual Aids, Videos, and Product Specific Operating Procedures (PSOP)
- Partners with Engineering and Operations teams to implement corrective and preventive actions on process-related issues
- Assists in training manufacturing personnel on new products and processes
- Supports new product launches to internal manufacturing customers
- Uses standard Problem-Solving tools, 8D, 5 Whys, Fishbone, etc.
- Supports Lean Manufacturing in new process layouts and existing processes
- Facilitates effective inter-departmental communication and escalation of issues
- Perform Verification and Validation Tests
- Carry out small projects independently or complete assigned tasks for major product development projects.
- Knowledge and experience in Good Manufacturing Practice Regulations given by the US Food and Drug Administration (cGMP) requirements
- Order, receive, organize, and maintain tools and parts for manufacturing.
- Experience with CNC, machining equipment (Mill, Lathe, etc.)
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 2-year degree or related equivalent education/experience
- 4+ years of full manufacturing assembly
- 2+ years of automotive manufacturing
- Ability to read and understand schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Working knowledge of lab equipment: oscilloscope, Multimeter, etc.
- Electronic Test Technician experience a plus
- Experience with all engineering procedures
- Experience in Automotive assembly preferred
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder, forklift, pallet jacks, heavy equipment
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and professionally
- Meets production deadlines successfully
What you will get:
At Monarch Tractor, you’ll play a key role on a capable, dedicated, high-performing team of rock stars. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, excellent health, dental and vision benefits and company equity commensurate with the role you’ll play in our success. The role will be based in the San Francisco bay area.
In addition to building outstanding products, we’re building an outstanding company with culture to match. Part of what we do is being in our element, which is being on the farm. We will be spending lots of time in Napa, Sonoma, Monterey and the central coast of California--perfecting our craft, mastering our environment, building our team camaraderie, and also taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
At Monarch, we cherish and celebrate every individual's difference. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or another legally protected status.