At PGA TOUR Superstore (PGATSS), we are always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals who will share a passion for helping transform our business. As one of the fastest growing specialty retailers, we are dedicated to hiring selfless team players from different backgrounds to influence the growth of our organization. Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates – driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis.
The Manager, Associate Support partners with Store Leadership to drive a positive Associate experience at each stage of the employment journey. This role manages the process and provides administrative support as it relates to recruiting, interviewing, on-boarding, and training new Associates. Responsible for educating Associates on Company benefits, policies, procedures, and systems, always ensuring compliance. The Manager, Associate Support has a partnership with SSC HR, Operations and Store Leadership Team to deliver activities, events, and workspaces (breakroom, Clubhouse etc.) that inspire, develop, and empower Associates. This role is expected to act with integrity even when faced with resistance to uphold PGATSS Core Values, Culture, Policies, and Procedures. The Manager, Associate Support will have a partnership with HR, Operations for all Human Resource training and guidance.
- Champion a culture where Associates love to work, and Customers love to shop; recognize service behaviors and reward outstanding performance in partnership with Store Leadership Team (SLT).
- Ensure new hires receive a consistent on-boarding experience and all training is executed proficiently, accurately in a timely manner.
- Be knowledgeable about the Workday, benefits, and HR programs and services to train new hires and provide on-going information to Associates.
- Assist Associates in navigating Workday for training, benefits, pay information, etc.
- Train all new Associates and Store Leaders on the scheduling process and system navigation.
- Create strong culture of appreciation by ensuring store leaders consistently recognize and reward excellent performance, Core Values behaviors, and Company loyalty.
- Partner with Store Leaders to ensure all request for time off and availability changes have been addressed.
- Partner with Store Leadership Team to create a store schedule that meets store budget and base staffing.
- Work with Store Leaders to ensure work schedules are provided to Associates (Two weeks in advance).
- Support Store Leadership Team in delivering on all HR Operational and cyclical programs to maintain compliance.
- Execute intentional local recruitment efforts to help find and select the right talent that represents the community they serve.
- Aid the Store Leadership Team in reviewing, scheduling, and processing prospective candidates through the talent acquisition process.
- Support the Leadership Team in ensuring equitable experiences, strengthening inclusion acumen, and promoting a culture of inclusivity and belonging that embraces the contributions of all team members.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively educating on bias. Act as the DEI Champion between the Stores and SSC by strengthening our ability to communicate/execute DEI initiatives. This role acts as the liaison and direct extension of the SSC DEI Council.
- Execute PGA TOUR Superstore community efforts and educate our Associates to strengthen their understanding that what they do serves a bigger purpose. In addition, build relationships that are important to the stores community to address the most pressing local needs.
- This role will additionally support the store and Customer by being the first person of contact when Customers call our stores with questions or concerns.
- Updates time and attendance records, according to PGA TOUR Superstore policies and procedures.
- Ensure store leaders properly document all disciplinary actions and Associates acknowledge them in Workday.
- Report issues and requests to HR, IT, and Facilities by submitting a ticket through ServiceNow.
- Submit termination and all job changes requests as directed by General Manager and administer exit interviews.
- Ensure compliance with all loss prevention policies and procedures to ensure a safe and secure environment for Associates and Customers.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- Balance many administrative tasks throughout the day including but not limited to accurate input of all inventory adjustments, creating schedules based on Manager guidance, scheduling interviews, maintain all administrative functions within Workday, planning Assoicate events/meetings, and answering Customer calls.
- As a key holder you will act as the Manager on Duty as assigned, performing opening, and closing the store.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Communication: Candidates must have strong listening and interpersonal skills. They must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate cross-functionally. Candidates communicate expectations and standards to execute Company programs.
- Computer: Candidates must have strong computer skills with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook.
- Accountability: Candidates must have the skills to manage conflict, lead conflict resolution and hold others accountable.
- Organization: Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities to ensure that resources are properly allocated to meet objectives.
- Leadership: Candidates must be able to lead by example and, through daily actions, enforce a high standard of Customer service. Candidates must lead with a Servant Leadership approach.
- Education:College Degree or Equivalent Leadership Experience.
- Experience: Experience in retail administrations and/or HR degree preferred. Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws. In addition, knowledge of industry people and scheduling software is preferred.
- Schedule: Candidates must be able to work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn’t just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.