3rd generation family-owned Winery is seeking a Seasonal Lab Technician for their Livermore operations. Reporting to the Quality Manager and Head of Quality, the LT will conduct and analyze quality control tests (E.g. Juices, Wines) accordingly to the laboratory SOPs.
- Analysis including but not limited to Brix, pH, TA, Acid adjustment trials, Nitrogen, Ammonia, Potassium, Turbidity, Anthocyanin and Tannin, Cold stability, Heat stability, Sulfur, Alcohol, Malic acid, Residual sugar, Microbial analysis, Microscopy, etc. of juices, musts, and wines.
- Sample from a multitude of different vessels, and in extreme conditions.
- Responsible for proper sample preparation of juices, musts, and wines for analysis.
- Reports all quality issues to the Quality Manager and follows up on action items.
- Assist in data tracking during harvest.
- Assist in analysis schedule.
- Assists in generating lab reports for winemaking.
- Must be able to ascend/descend ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time throughout the workday.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to operate a computer for long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain.
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. in chemistry, enology, or related fields required. Or equivalent experience required.
- Must be willing to work flexible, long, and varying hours.