Alameda County Health Care Services Agency is recruiting for a provisional* Information Systems Deputy Director
We are seeking a passionate, committed agent of social change to help support our programs and services as they protect the health and safety of County residents.
$130,000.00 - $157,996.80 Annually
Plus, an excellent benefits package!
HEALTH CARE SERVICES AGENCY
Health Care Services Agency serves over 1.6 million residents and covers 14 cities and 6 unincorporated communities.
The Health Care Services Agency includes the following four departments:
Behavioral Health Care ∞ Environmental Health ∞ Public Health ∞ Office of the Agency Director
This is a provisional recruitment.
*Provisional Appointments: For a provisional appointment, a civil service exam is not required. However, to obtain a regular position, the appointee will need to compete successfully in a County Exam when open.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Technically adept, thoroughly understands information system operations in a public sector health care setting.
- A visionary with strong analytical skills, capable of managing complex systems and collaborating with organization leaders to streamline Healthcare Services Agency needs.
- A collaborative strategic partner who actively identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between information systems and programs to help achieve business goals.
- An active and engaged manager who aligns the organization’s vision and values and manages work groups by inspiring, advising, and delegating subordinates, promoting positive team interactions and working relationships, facilitating goal accomplishment and tracking and evaluating performance to ensure success and inspires support, monitors and acknowledges front line staff, and develops effective teams at all levels of the organization.
- A solution-oriented, forward-focused leader capable of thinking systematically and strategically to identify the source of challenge or question and creates a culture of motivation and decision-making while exemplifying the use of resources wisely, responsibly, effectively, and efficiently.
- Capable of identifying and understanding complex problems, making decisions, exercising sound judgment, and formulating action plans proactively and collaboratively.
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills focused on building an environment where diverse, multidisciplinary teams can work together to enhance the delivery of services for Alameda County communities.
- Possess demonstrated ability to lead, direct, and manage organizational change. Understands and supports the need for change; envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process; provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change; and can both identify and further develop existing practices, policies, or procedures that are consistent with departmental goals.
Under general direction of the Information Systems Director, the Information Systems Deputy Director is responsible for the Information Systems areas encompassing the Health Care Service Agency (Behavioral Health, Public Health, Environmental Health, and Office of the Agency Director). HCSA Information System is a well-established vertical alignment under the OAD, and the incumbent must come with the understanding that they expect to serve the end state.
The IS Deputy Director provides oversight of information systems operations and staff and has responsibility for assisting with planning, scheduling, coordinating, and supervising the work of personnel engaged in information technology systems analysis, application program development, systems implementation, and maintenance activities; assists in leading the strategic planning, major change initiatives, process improvements, and managing special project activities of information systems technology; and performs related duties as required.
Information Systems Deputy Director
(Click above for comprehensive job description, qualifications and benefits information.)
EDUCATION: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree with a major in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field may be substituted for two years of the required experience. - AND -
EXPERIENCE: Equivalent of five years of full-time, paid experience in data processing information systems, including systems analysis, application development, system evaluation, selection and implementation, or network administration. At least two years of experience must include direct supervision and management of professional and technical Information Technology staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a County of Alameda Job Application, resume and cover letter to:
TEHAUJA WARD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The application template is available online on Alameda County’s Online Employment Center @
NEW USERS can click on “New User Registration” to fill out an application template. Once the application is completed, candidates can click on the “Review” tab to “Print My Application” or “SAVE as PDF”.
Alameda County HCSA is enriched with a diverse workforce. We believe the best way to deliver optimal programs and services to our communities is to hire and promote talents that are representative of the communities we serve. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.