CAPE, Inc. has an outstanding opportunity for Head Start Program Director. The Head Start Program Director plays an integral role in leading our Head Start program to success.
· Reports to Interim Executive Director
· Position is Salaried, Exempt, Full-Time (40hrs/week)
· Manage Child Development, Data/Compliance
· Supervise Site Supervisors and Center Directors for CAPE Head Start (HS), Early Head Start (EHS) and State Funded Sites/Centers.
· Eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement plan; paid Holidays; sick and vacation days
CAPE, Inc. headquarters is in Livermore, and provides early childhood education services (Head Start and Early Head Start preschool programs) in Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton, and Hayward areas.
CAPE offers a cohesive environment for enthusiastic people who want to make a significant contribution to early childhood education, social/emotional development, and early childhood mental health.
Responsible for the administration of instructional program standards and requirements, approves the selection of instructional materials and equipment and evaluates the effectiveness of the instructional program through periodic visitations and reports.
Ensures the development and implementation of plans and procedures to assess and monitor all program activities in accordance with the program performance standards.
Point of contact with the Head Start Regional Office (RO), and Office of Head Start.
Plan monthly Regional Office conference calls with the RO Program Specialist.
Submit all requested reports and documents to the Regional Office directly, or through the Head Start Enterprise System (such as monthly enrollment reports).
Provide the Office of Head Start with an annual availability schedule for Federal Reviews.
Ensure on-going monitoring and compliance for Head Start and Early Head Start grants, and State contracts.
Point of contact for CAPE State CSPP Contract and Livermore Unified CSPP Sub-Contract.
Oversee early childhood education services and comprehensive service delivery.
Attendance to all Board of Directors (BOD) and Policy Committee (PC) meetings.
Joint Responsibilities with Interim Executive Director:
Prior to making payments or placing orders, review and approve all incoming requisitions, invoices, and back-up documents.
Review and analyze monthly financial and statistical reports to assess the budget status and to initiate preventative measures if any problems appear, in collaboration with the Fiscal Officer.
Collaborate with Fiscal officer regarding fiscal management
Write/complete and ensure submittal of all grant funding applications, and related required documents, including annual Training and Technical Assistance Plans.
Plan, implement and complete the annual agency-wide Self-Assessment, including the Final Report and the development and completion of any Program Improvement Plans and/or Corrective Action Plans.
Ensures annual updates of the 5-year Community Needs Assessment.
Ensures that staff and consultants have the knowledge, skills and experience needed to perform their assigned functional responsibilities, and to ensure on-going quality improvement of services.
Review, implement and ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations pertaining to Head Start/Early Head Start, State Preschool and General Child Care requirements.
Participate in the development of budgets in conjunction with the Fiscal Officer and the Finance Committee.
Develop agency timelines and monitor implementation.
Develop and implement or enhance existing management systems to assure on-going quality of all programs.
Provide guidance and leadership to staff to emphasize the importance of the program achieving lofty standards of quality, internally and through public and private sector partnerships.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Minimum BA/BS degree
· Must have a Director Permit
· Requires 5+ years of leadership and program management experience
· Must have applied knowledge of Head Start and state regulations
· Applied knowledge of general business practices such as supervisory practices, administration, and fiscal management
· Must be systems savvy: Enterprise, CDMIS, Child Plus
· Proficient in reporting skills, computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Heightened interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity
· Ability to communicate, both oral and written, to individuals with diverse backgrounds and relate to diverse groups of individuals including low-income families
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, virtually, or on-site
· Must be analytically oriented and driven
Join our team today! Submit your cover letter and resume in our website,
CAPE, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides the opportunity to qualified persons to seek, obtain, and hold employment with the Agency without discrimination on account of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, gender, medical condition, age, marital status, veterans’ or military status, non-job physical or mental handicap or disability status, genetic information, except if there exists a lawful bona fide occupational qualification or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.