We are looking for a full-time Fraud Specialist to join our dynamic team. As a Fraud Specialist you will be responsible for enterprise-level fraud risk management including detection, analysis, investigation, resolution and prevention.
To succeed in this position, you must be able to satisfactorily perform common occurrences of each of the following under direct supervision from your manager:
- Review new and existing accounts and unusual member and employee transactions to detect possible fraud occurrences. Make sound subjective decisions to identify any accounts demonstrating high-risk behavior which should be considered for closure, heightened monitoring or similar actions.
- Analyze and investigate check, ACH, wire, plastic card, loan and on-line/mobile banking fraud.
- Coordinate the processing of fraud claims with members, other departments, vendors, merchants, financial institutions and law enforcement agencies, including the administration of dispute documentation and affidavits.
- Develop prevention solutions based on identified risks and realized losses related to fraudulent activities and high-risk behaviors.
- Investigate potential elder abuse and file reports with Adult Protective Service as appropriate.
Position Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma/ GED required; Associates degree in a business-related field preferred.
- One year plus work experience in a financial services company required; two years of work experience in a fraud investigation or audit capacity preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
A list of some of the benefits we offer:
- We emphasize a work/life balance!
- Premium pay for bilingual skills (English/Spanish).
- Medical, dental and vision benefits that cover the employee, spouse and dependents.
- Retiree medical benefits.
- A defined benefit Pension Plan with employer contributions of $3.50/hour.
- Referral Bonus
- 10 ½ Paid Holidays per year.
- 17 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) to start.
- A 401(k) plan.
- Employee loan discounts
- Casual dress code.
Are you ready to join our team?
If you think this job is the right fit for you, fill out our online application. Our application is pretty simple – you upload your resume and answer a few job-related questions. Once you have completed the application, your information will be sent to our Human Resources team instantly.